What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 3/25/14 7:30 pm, edited 3/25/14 7:31 pm

RNY  4 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Paperwork this morning......then taking some friends to visit a seniors home....and see how they like it.....will be having lunch there....so I am guessing at the meal.....lunch is the main meal of the day at these residences......and usually lots of sweets and carbs in my experience......will try to choose carefully....Red Lobster tonight for dinner......love their trout!

STEPS - again an estimate of 6000 steps

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - Oikos 50 calorie Greek yogurt

L - tomato soup

roasted chicken dinner

D - side caesar salad - will eat half

dinner portion of grilled trout with broccoli and mashed potatoes.....will eat 6 oz of the trout and exactly 2 forks of mashed potatoes....a few bites of broccoli....NO cheddar biscuits!...lol

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,235,  Carbs - 90 grams,  Fat - 45 grams,  Protein - 76 grams

All water....all vits

Have a great one  

kellybelly333
on 3/25/14 8:59 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning Barb! 

I hve had Red Lobster once in my life. I was never a big fish eater until after surgery. 

Enjoy your dinner! I'm guessing their cheddar biscuits are delicious?

Today is a rest day for me! I am hurting. I haven't worked my upper-body properly in about a year. This IronMan training sure does give a full body workout!

Monthly Board meeting this morning. They have sugar-free/gluten free muffins and yogurt ordered for a few of us, which is nice. 

B: muffin and yogurt (as above)

l: turkey and cheese wrap

s: queen street grape skin flour bread and peanut butter

D: kale shake

S: kale chips

Totals: cal: 1105 carb: 73 protein: 94 fat: 36 fibre: 11 sugar: 32

have a great day!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 3/25/14 9:14 pm

If I began my morning with a muffin of any description....and yogurt.....I would have a major R/H reaction about an hour later....ughhh.....glad it can work for you......sometimes the thought of a muffin sounds great.....but they get me every time...lol

Good luck with the training

kellybelly333
on 3/25/14 9:52 pm - Toronto, Canada

Hmmm good point. I didn't work out this morning, which would counteract an RH reaction for me with carbs. Hmmmm. I'll mix in goat yogurt (27 grams of protein) and have half a muffin. just about to go in.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

kellybelly333
on 3/26/14 12:56 am - Toronto, Canada

Muffins turned out to be made with protein powder, gluten-free and sugar-free.....and pretty much taste-free LOL. I had a small one, and ate in during the hour and a half meeting. No reaction. 

Although with that said, I don't think I get regular RH reactions. My sugar lows are almost always due to not eating in time (even after a good protein based meal two hours prior) and stress-induced. I also find I get sugar-lows when i'm shopping, of all things. Probably because I lose track of time...or i'm just plain excited about sales!

kristaeb
on 3/25/14 9:39 pm

Good morning Barb and everyone.. In the - 20 s today, so much for spring lol...

B- tea, and protein bar..

S- water melon.

L.- 3 oz roast chicken and green beans.

S- veggies and LF dip.

D- Tuna with LF mayo and green onion ,celery...Small garden salad LF dressing.

S- roasted chickpeas..

Have a great Wednesday...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Sunny123
on 3/25/14 9:45 pm, edited 3/25/14 11:22 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Good morning

Steps 12589

Red Lobster biscuits are to die for! They should be outlawed!

b bran flakes milk

s iogo pineapple 0% w/protein powder

l chickpea avocado and feta salad - my first time making anything with avocado. I was always intimidated by how to peel them.  No sweat! Hope it's good - cheese string

s Melba hummus

d schnitzel (ended up having roast yesterday) and 1/2 serving of the chickpea avocado and feta salad as I know no one in this house but me will eat it

Cal 1102 carb 99 fat 32 protein 82

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Onward and
Downward

on 3/25/14 9:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb! Enjoy Red Lobster. I went there a few months ago because a bunch of friends I was with wanted to do that for supper. I found pretty much nothing on their menu that I could eat easily, so I got a shrimp dish that I thought looked less fatty than the rest, but of course it came in butter, LOL. I'll have to look for the baked fish if there's a next time. And the cheddar biscuits are just too darned tempting for me!

I was in the hospital all night Monday night and they admitted me because I had very severe abdominal pain on my right side. Dr. Cyriac thought I might have passed a gallstone, because by Tuesday morning I felt fine, after hours and hours of severe pain the night before.  I was released yesterday in the early afternoon and I'm fine now, but I have an appointment with Dr. Cyriac next week. I'm hoping I don't need to have my gallbladder out - I really don't want to deal with another surgery.

Getting back into the swing of things at work, in my old, familiar job with much less stress, so things are looking up. Time to really concentrate on the food again - I've gained 5 lbs over the past few weeks, so it's time to get serious about tracking, planning, and not letting the night time munchies get the better of me.

16 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil on 1 slice of P28 toast

S - Cucumber slices, spread with 1 oz goat chevre cheese, sprinkled iwith basil and pepper

L - Coworkers from the old position taking me out for a goodbye lunch today - 6 pieces of salmon sashimi, 1 bowl of miso soup

S - 1/2 ounce of hazel nuts, mixed with 1 tbsp reduced sugar craisins, and 2 Iogo single serve yogurts (if I need both - munchies are bad in the mid-afternoon)

D - Homemade beef stew - lots frozen in the freezer!

S - Glass of skim milk

TOTALS: 100g protein, 48g fat, 63 carbs, 10g fiber, 1086 calories

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 3/26/14 1:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad the pain is gone. Sounds like an aweful episode

Onward and
Downward

on 3/26/14 1:43 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks Pat - yeah, it sucked! Glad to be done with it, that's for sure.  I see you're dying to get out on your bike as much as I am. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active