Surgery class?

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/14 8:38 am - London, Canada

Hey Everyone,

It's been some time since I've updated, anything really. But just wanted to Let you all know I got all three green lights! which means next step is surgery class before I meet my surgeon. I'm going through the Windsor program, does any one know what I should expect?

Also I've lost a total of 45lbs while doing all this prep! I have an amazing support team, although I can't say it's been easy. My partner of six years left me, but that's a whole other story. I am just thankful I have come this far.

Another question I have once I do my surgery class, and then meet the surgeon do i get my date? that part confuses me.

Also I have a few piece of clothes I'd love to give away, as they are no longer my size.

please feel free to contact me, i will try to be more active here.

Elizabeth.

Northernlightsmom
on 3/26/14 10:24 pm - Canada

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your breakup with your partner...That aside, you must be excited to finally get to your surgical class. They will go over the surgery, eating habits, opti, what will happen post surgery etc. Make sure if you have CPAP that you have a paper confirming your compliance. TWH required it.

Then within 2 weeks your file will be sent off to TWH. Within 4-6 weeks TWH will call you with a surgeon date. It will probable be about 1 month from that call.

At your appointment with the surgeon, you will be given your patts and surgery date. In addition, you will purchase your OPTI and they will tell you how many weeks you will be on it.

Windsor seems to take so long but from this point out...it goes really fast. Good luck and take care.

Tara

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Most Active