5 day pouch book

SandpaperSandy
on 3/25/14 1:07 am - Kitchener, Canada

does anyone have an epub copy of the 5 day pouch test book. 

I am falling off track and could use a boost.   Been live it up with new friends - not really thinking about how much wine or snacks I consume while socializing. doesn't take long to put on 5 pounds and then some.    

Leanne1
on 3/25/14 1:52 am, edited 3/25/14 1:52 am - Newmarket, Canada

I ordered the book when I was first out.. I haven't really used it...

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/  ..I don't follow this plan, But I like the recipes in here. 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.ca/

geokatgirl.wordpress.com

Follow a high protein, low carb menu plan, get rid of all the junk and carb-y foods and wine

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/14 2:17 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

If you want to do the 5 day pouch test, you don't need the book. All the info is right on the website that Leanne posted. They even give you recipes for each of the five days and a list of what is allowed. I don't bother with it.  I pretty much stick to 2 days of liquids, 1 day of stuff like salmon, tuna, egg salad then 1 day of soft fish or ground beef/turkey/chicken, scrambled or soft boiled eggs then the last day any solid protein like steak, chicken, etc.  They allow some stuff like beans, legumes, veggies but if you wanted to just go off the carbs, I'd stick to protein only for those 5 days.  

Catw
on 3/25/14 2:24 am - Arnprior, Canada

When I've done it, it's been loosely based on the website.  Last time I did it, someone joined me but basically just gave up carbs for 5 days.  Basically I just follow 2 days liquid protein, 1 day soft protein, 1 day firm protein, and 1 day solid protein.  If you decide to do it, why not ask for company.  Decide a start date, and see if anyone will join you on that date.  Then you are accountable to each other.

There are a few on here that don't like the 5 day pouch test, they prefer the idea of back to basics.  Journaling, measuring etc.  It's up to you to decide which method will work for you.

Cathy

momjan
on 3/25/14 3:13 am - Canada

Kaye Bailey, author of the 5dpt has closed down her website (www.livingafterwls.com).  But she is on fb with a blog as well.  Most the people that say not to try it, have not (tried it themselves), and the idea of carbs from beans, etc., in her mini menu is to ease you off the carbs, rather than cold turkey.  Also the carbs in her recipes are 'good' carbs, not the processed white junk most people start grazing on.  Best to do?  Try it yourself and decide if it is for you or not.  Others will insist to just to back to basics, but we all know, not everyone is the same and some have more difficulty just going cold turkey off the sugars, junk carbs etc.; so whatever works for you is the right choice!

Leanne1
on 3/25/14 8:12 am - Newmarket, Canada

I actually have tried the 5dpt, and I am a BEAR for the first 2 days... That's why I do a lower carb meal plan instead. With good meal planning, it can be done and keep the carbs next to none. 

Kaye does have ALOT of great recipes tho, that I have enjoyed before. 

I also agree with "going back to basics" which is basically doing the 5dpt but in 5 days. It is super hard to ditch the foods we crave the most but if someone wants to drop a few pounds and they have the will power, it can be done, whether it's the 5dpt, or making a lower carb meal plan or just cutting out the junk.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Leanne1
on 3/25/14 8:03 am - Newmarket, Canada

That was me... LOL!!! 

I don't follow the 5dpt; I'd rather do 5 days of low carb-ing BUT I like some of the recipes in the 5dpt website

Most Active