Ready to give up

1HealthyMomma
on 3/21/14 1:10 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

It took me 13 Months to get a call from HRRH. My family doctor said it would likely take a year. I understand its hard to be patient but it is a journey worth taking.  Nothing easy is ever worth doing.... just stay strong.

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

sweetaypie
on 3/21/14 2:13 pm

Thank you i will :)   i think once i know they received the referral the wait wont be so bad its just not knowing if it was ever faxed thats upsetting me, as my drs secretary is not a nice person 

beme_atlast
on 3/21/14 4:03 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

What ever you do don't give up. This is a life changing journey.

I had a long wait before hearing anything to, so eventually I called the Bariatric registry (I think I emailed them too). They won't give you a status update over the phone but they will confirm that your referral was received. Once I made contact and found that they had my referral they called me 2 days later with a date for orientation.

Someone else said it, but everything about this process is hurry up and wait. So make those phone calls and good luck!!!

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Leafchick17
on 3/21/14 9:32 pm
RNY on 04/14/14

Call the registry, or email.  My first referral was 'lost'. I waited 8 months to hear from Hamilton.  I ended up emailing the main registry and got a reply from a very nice person who looked into it, and got back to me.  A few weeks later I had my orientation letter.  I still had to wait my turn in the process but I was so relieved things were in order.  

Don't give up.  If you really want this you have to stick with it.  I have seen many people start their journey after me and have already had their surgery, it happens, it's frustrating, but your time will come.  There is SO much to learn about this surgery, life after surgery and to be successful we really need time to work on the habits that got us here in the first place.  

I wish you luck, please don't give up.  Call or email the registry, get that piece of mind you are in the system and enjoy the ride.

Orientation Hamilton: July 22, 2013 Ultrasound: December 18, 2013 Bloodwork/ECG: January 29, 2014 Nutritionist/Social Worker/RN: February 12, 2014 Gastroscopy: March 4, 2014 Internist: March 6, 2014 Surgeon: March 13, 2014 (cancelled by clinic) Echocardiogram: March 19, 2014 Rescheduled Surgeon: April 1, 2014 SURGERY: April 14/14

Katie M.
on 3/21/14 9:55 pm, edited 3/21/14 9:56 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

[email protected] - send them an email. You'll get an immediate automated response telling you that they won't tell you anything, but give it a few days and you will get an email back from them letting you know whether your referral was received. Put your full name, DOB and health card number in the email, you don't have to tell them your whole story, just say you haven't received any confirmation from your doctor and need to check whether your referral was received on their end. It's a frustrating wait, especially if your doctor isn't cooperating - but if that's the case take your self to a walk in clinic and get a doctor there to refer you. Just explain the situation and most likely they will help you out. But make sure the registry doesn't have your referral yet by emailing them. Good luck!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

franky13
on 3/21/14 11:15 pm

HRRH in afternoon girls always answer...I was a September referral BMI over 50 and got orientation December, and surgeon appointment January.  Don't' give up! Its a decision for you health and your life! Good Luck

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

Nanato2
on 3/22/14 1:13 am, edited 3/22/14 1:15 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Did he send it to the Ontario Bariatric registry because it has to go there not to HRRH and then after they receive it they send you a letter out and tell you which hospital you will go to depending on postal code.

You can also check with OBR to see if they received it, if they haven't then your doctor is not sending it to the right place.

Your doctor also can complete the form here is the website. http://www.ontariobariatricnetwork.ca/default.aspx

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

1greeneyedgirl
on 3/22/14 2:21 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Please don't give up, I had my surgery at HHRH and from beginning to my surgery date was about 7 months.  Be patient, we all have different scenarios that can happen during the process.  Don't let this get to you, hang in there because it is worth it.

Wishing you all the best.

Cathy xo

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

taniagirlca
on 3/22/14 9:55 am

I totally understand your frustration, my referral went in Feb 3013, orientation wasn't till July 2013 and now its the end of March 2014 and I still dont have a surgery date yet 

Most Active