What are you doing/eating today ( Friday)

birdiegirl
on 3/20/14 8:02 pm

RNY  4 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Meeting my trainer for some weight lifting this morning........otherwise an uneventful day ahead

STEPS - 11, 670

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt

L - 2 ham-cheese-pickle roll ups

D - 5.5 oz of Sea Bass

5 asparagus spears

S - 9 triscuts

2.5 slices of pepper jack cheese

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,214,  Carbs - 74 grams,  Fat - 39 grams,  Protein - 134 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one   

BluIzGal
on 3/20/14 9:42 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Good morning everyone!  It's been two weeks since my last iron infusion and I still haven't felt any different since receiving them for three consecutive weeks.  I'm on holidays until next Wednesday so I'm planning on taking the time to do some spring cleaning with the ability to nap throughout the day.  I'm looking forward to one day having the energy I had pre-op.  I've heard the Canadian Geese flying overhead both day and night for the last few days so hopefully the winter-like weather is on it's way out!

20 months post op RNY

B - protein shake with 25g chopped kale blended in

S - 1 dark rye Ryvita slice, 1 slice swiss cheese, 1 tbsp salsa

L - tilapia, 1/2 cup Cookin' Greens, 1 tbsp seafood sauce

S - 1 dark rye Ryvita slice, 1 slice swiss cheese, 1 tbsp salsa

D - 1/2 cup meat sauce, 150g zucchini cut like pasta, 1 tbsp parmesan cheese

S - 1 cheese stick

Calories 772, Protein 93g, Carbs 38g, Fiber 11g, Sugar 14g, Fat 27g

Patricia

birdiegirl
on 3/20/14 10:33 pm

Hi Bluz

Not sure how long it takes for the iron infusions to improve your energy .....hopefully someone with experience with this will respond.....I actually thought you felt better with them immediately.....

kellybelly333
on 3/20/14 11:23 pm - Toronto, Canada

I think i've had 12 infusions since 9 months out, and only this last round do I feel different. I also never felt fatigued or really any different. Maybe a difference in concentration. Until recently I was great with energy and sleeping. Then insomnia set in last November. 

THIS round however, I notice that i'm able to stay up later, and i'm hoping that after round 3 I will feel back to where I was. And maybe my insomnia will be better too? Who knows? Everyone seems to react differently, but I can tell you the first 10 infusions, I never felt any different.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

kellybelly333
on 3/20/14 11:31 pm - Toronto, Canada

Morning. 

I'm off to a birthday party tonight, and I have no idea what is on the menu. 

Had my usual goat yogurt mix this morning and will have chicken for lunch. Spinning at lunch too. My spin instructor is a triathlon coach! She's going to give me tips on running a good IronMan race :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 3/20/14 11:55 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Looking forward to tonight. I am going to Massey Hall to see Danny Bhoy. I had given the tickets to my husband for Christmas. Because of that we are going to his favourite restaurant the 3 Brewers. I have put in a salad but really not sure what I will have. Started the morning off with a walk since the streetcars were not coming. It is amazing how much faster I walk without the dog. LOL

b silhouette yogurt, granola

s babay bel

l pea soup (didn't have it yesterday)

s quest bar

d salad with chicken, glass of wine

s another galss of wine at home

cal 1238, carb 105, prot 75.7

Have a good day everone

Leanne1
on 3/21/14 12:15 am, edited 3/21/14 12:36 am - Newmarket, Canada

Good morning everyone!

3.5yrs post-op, RNY, maintaining

I have learned to enjoy uneventful days; enjoy your day Barb :) 

It was GREAT to see you last night Kelly!!! Boy, they weren't kidding the other day when they were saying how you get around   LOL!! (JK)

I am just resting today. I am watching tv, and might do some knitting in a bit, I'm making a blanket. I also see a nap in my near future!! 

B- honey nut cheerios

S- yoguart and an apple

L- tomato soup and tuna sandwich

S- protein shake

D- Elina's southwestern chicken soup and grilled cheese

I feel like having popcorn tonight.. I will see... 

all liquids and vitamins in

Have a great day everyone :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Sunny123
on 3/21/14 6:29 am
RNY on 12/05/13

3 months +

Very late with this, work is getting busier. Had to pick up my son at the bus this morning – so glad to see him

B- Premier Protein Shake

S- babybel cheese, grimm’s pepperette, roasted chickpeas

Lunch –ham cheese roll up

S- baby carrots, tzatziki

Dinner –Maggi – So Juicy Chicken, roasted broccoli

FITNESS PAL Calories 859 Carbs 42 Fat 27 Protein 110

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active