A bit nervous now

michellecowles
on 3/21/14 12:11 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

lol! Thanks kelly :) 
That is true, I know it is human nature to be nervous :P

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

gonna_B_thinner
on 3/21/14 12:11 am

I am pre op too and I have been feeling nervous lately as well.  I am waiting for a surgeon appointment then it will be surgery.  They said it will likely be June or July.  It sounds like you and I will be about the same time.  If you want to add me as a friend that would be great.  For me right now what helps me is to look at the post op photos  of members who have lost weight and it really helps me keep my eye on the prize......we can do this, it will be a big change but it will be sooooo worth it in the end.  I think it's normal to feel nervous and scared it is a major operation and will change our lives forever, but for me it's long overdue.  The surgeons are very qualitfied and know what they are doing we will be in good hands.  Take care and try not to be too nervous, you will be fine. 

taniagirlca
on 3/21/14 9:10 am

I am also in the same time frame as others for a July surgery date, just waiting to get my date, and I too have the same feelings !

reenie33
on 3/21/14 12:45 am

I went through HRRH and they are so kind there. After you get into your hospital gown you go see the nurse, she gives you a truck-load of pills. I must of had about 7 or so. Muscle relaxants, anti-anxiety etc. Then you go wait in a room with other people until they call you and you are then wheeled into surgery. My doctor came for me. He spoke to my daughter and I, he reassured her that he would call her when I was done. And he did call her immediately. This I know because she told me the time he called, and I spoke to the girl who went after me for a RNY and The mad did not take a break. You will be all chilled and relaxed. They no sooner start the IV and your asleep. ALL THE BEST, It will go well and you wont have any regrets

otmama
on 3/24/14 11:28 am
RNY on 04/30/14

I'm sure that your brain is just trying to work out your fears about your surgery!  Totally natural.  My surgery is on April 30th & I would be lying if I said I didn't have any reservations!  I'm just trying to keep my eye on the prize!  It does help to see photos & hear stories of people on here who have already been through the process:)  

Orientation Session:  April 2013  Sleep Study:  July 1/13  Abdominal Ultrasound: July 16/13  Endoscopy: October 23/13  Pre-Surgical Class:  Dec 11/13  Surgeon:  Jan 6/14  PATTS:  April 4/14 Optifast: April 9/14  RNY Surgery: April 30/14

Most Active