What are you doing/eating today (Friday)

kellybelly333
on 3/14/14 11:49 am - Toronto, Canada

I still have a lot of insecurities, but I have found lately that I am adopting Barb's attitude of not giving a crap about what people say about me. Maybe in another year Pat? I had one member tell me that finally, after 5 years post-WLS she has figured out her new normal. That gave me hope.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 3/15/14 2:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks. Had a bit of a pity arty last night and aside from being hungover I feel better. I also cleaned out a closet at midnight. Something about taking control of a mess and getting it into some order that helps. Probably very pshycological about takig control of my life.

libra1
on 3/14/14 4:46 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Some of the things that come out of people's mouths makes me wonder how damaged they are. 

At a recent get together an older family friend(?) told me infront of other guests, that I now look like I actually belong to my family. I just shake my head at the idiotic things that have been said to me. I particularily enjoy the "sudden" concern a co-worker has over my weight loss (I'm still over 200 lbs), and how she thinks I don't need to lose anymore cuz I'm thin enough. She's worried that I don't realize how thin I am (I have never discussed my weight with this person). I asked this same co-worker why she never voiced her concern when I could barely walk and was in pain eveyday due to my high weight. No reply.

Patm
on 3/15/14 2:45 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The whole thing of people feeling your weight is an open topic has amazed me through this process. I can tell you get gets better.

Sunny123
on 3/14/14 1:20 am, edited 3/14/14 2:29 am
RNY on 12/05/13

3 months +

Steps 11,357 – my treadmill will not go until it’s oiled and DH has been too busy to look at it. I can’t believe I am missing it – LOL wow!

I have a co-worker wandering around the office with coconut cream tarts - I have turned one down - twice. I told him this loveliness doesn't come easy!

B- premier protein shake

S- fat free cottage cheese

Lunch –tvp chili

S- babybel light, grimm’s turkey pepperette

Dinner –roasted chicken roasted broccoli

FITNESS PAL Calories 847 Carbs 64 Fat 23 Protein 104

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 3/14/14 2:03 am

....and I see your stall is busted.....good....it can get frustrating....just have to wait it out and take those measurements

Sunny123
on 3/14/14 2:38 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Thanks Barb for noticing - this one lasted a much shorter time! :o)  Today is my measurement day (the 14th of the month, my first opti day) - I will take a moment to shine here:

Waist down 9"

Bust (still sporting my double d's) down 6.5"

Hips Down 7.5"

I am even down 2" on my neck

I posted this so folks can see it's worth getting that measure tape out once a month and record your shrinking victories!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 3/14/14 4:04 am

that's just wonderful Jo......I used to have 4 chins....now just have the one I was born with....and surprisingly it didn't get too crepey..(sp)

Most Active