what if it doesn't work?

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/5/14 7:14 am - Windsor, Canada

I'm glad that you are doing okay.  I didn't want to misread you too much but it is really hard to tell the way things were worded.  I want everyone to be a success at this.  It's tough down the line.

One thing to keep in mind is that on any given day the scale can vary within 5 lbs due to constipation, level of hydration, sodium etc.  that's why we should only weigh in once a week.  Otherwise it is a complete mental game and it can affect your decision making. I know - I live this.  The scale is like an albatross to me.  That is why I encourage people not to get on it too much early out -- you don't want to end up like a crazy, obsessed scale aholic (me).

Take care :)

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Pamela.S.
on 3/5/14 8:49 am - Canada

YOU DIDN'T CHEAT!  Hopefully your husband comes around and realizes this.  I'm still mulling this whole thing over - I think mainly because I'm afraid of making a permanent change, afraid of failure (that I'll gain it all back), I don't want to give up DIET COKE,  etc.  So many of us have tried everyway you can imagine to lose weight.  What you have done is brave, and every pound you lose should be celebrated!

My family isn't crazy about this because they also have the fears that I have.

You're a champ, and everyone here will give you support and encouragement!

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

PaulaToronto
on 3/9/14 7:55 am - Toronto, Canada

Hon, there is no such thing as "it" in this equation.  There is you and there is your tool. If you follow the rules the tool will work.  If you don't you are failing not your tool and you need to look at what you are doing. Taking ownership of your journey and your successes and failures is very important. You are responsible not "it".

You are doing great so far so keep up the good work.  

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active