What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 3/4/14 7:19 pm

RNY  4 Years 11 Months Post Op

Morning

Company arriving today....out to an ale house for dinner....not my fav place to eat.....but I have already gone online to check the menu and choose a lower calorie entrée

STEPS - 9350

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt

L - 1 ham-cheese-pickle roll up

S - a few triscuits and cheese

D - Mahi Mahi with veggies

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,243,  Carbs - 83 grams,  Fat - 47 grams,  Protein - 115 grams

All water....vits

Have a great one    

Sunny123
on 3/4/14 8:08 pm, edited 3/4/14 8:10 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

3 months today!

Have a nice evening out Barb!

Showing a few houses today, desk duty. My treadmill got cut short this morning as I forgot my fitbit, my iPad ran out of battery….and I had to let the dog in. Was 20 minutes in – urgh. Will do it tonight!

3 month appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to it as the one month was a group thing and I don’t know, I’d like to have some one on one time with the NUT!

Can someone explain edamane to me? I know its soya bean but do you eat them dry like a roasted chick pea, where are they bought – bulk food store? As well I’d like to know about the ham cheese pickle roll up!

B- egg, ¼ milk, mushroom, purple onion, topped with Blue Menu Tex mex and PC salsa (couldn't finish all of this)!

S- oikos greek cherry w/all max protein

Lunch –ocean’s tuna kit, cheese string – I won’t finish the tuna kit, there are too many crackers and too much tuna!

S- strawberries

Dinner –greek burger (no bun) spaghetti squash

FITNESS PAL Calories 931 Carbs 54 Fat 35 Protein 103

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Zavz
on 3/4/14 9:51 pm - Canada

Good question. I have been wondering about this ham roll up also!  What is a greek burger?  Edamane can be eaten steamed (big in restaurants right now) or roasted and are really good, like nuts. But so far i can only find them in the states

Sunny123
on 3/5/14 7:46 am, edited 3/6/14 1:08 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Zavz you can find the Greek turkey burger recipie here:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/ 4267416/Chicken-Turkey-recipes/page,2/

Thanks for the explanation of edamane!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Patm
on 3/4/14 10:47 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Edamane can be bought frozen and dried. I go the last ones from Healthy Planet. They are high in protein but have to watch the quantity. I only have 1/4 c at a time.

I am sure Barb will chime in but a ham cheese roll-up is what it sounds like. Some people start with lettuce lay ham them cheese and a pickle in the centre and roll it up. It is a way to have a sandwich without the bread.

DreamingforTomorrow
on 3/5/14 4:43 am - Canada
RNY on 06/19/13

I buy edamame in the frozen section at Costco. Lots of great recipes out there, my favorite is sauteed in soya/garlic/ginger.

Sunny123
on 3/5/14 7:57 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Sounds yummy! I may try that tomorrow night! Thanks for sharing.

birdiegirl
on 3/5/14 8:36 pm

Sorry for the late response Jo...lost internet all day yesterday.....Pat got it right.....I roll 2 pieces of ham and 1/2 slice of swiss around a pickle spear....yummmmm

Sunny123
on 3/6/14 1:07 am
RNY on 12/05/13

I will pick up some pickle spears today and try it! Thanks for letting me know.

TanyaLH
on 3/4/14 9:03 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

9 months post op

Steps 6258

Good Morning!!

Barb, enjoy your night out! I am a picky fish eater, but want to try some different ones other then my usual Trout and Haddock. What does Mahi Mahi taste like? Does it have that earthy taste like Tilapia? (Yuk)

Sunny, edamame I love in small servings. I buy it frozen from Superstore (PC Brand). It is usually in the frozen veggie section. You boil them and eat them hot. Kind of a creamy texture. I have also added them to veggie soups.

I am getting antsy to get back to work!! I will be going back on Monday with a no lifting restriction. I have had no acid reflux since gallbladder was removed!!!

I was out for a walk already this morning with the pooch, I think it's going to be a nice day! Will finish cleaning the closet out today and go for another walk this afternoon.

B- protein coffee, 1/3 cup FF cottage cheese w/ italian seasoning

L- 1 egg bite with tomato and cuccumber slices

S- 1 ham cheese pickle roll up

D- ground chicken with spagehetti squash, tomato, onion, and mushrooms.

S-1/3 cup greek yogurt with SF pudding powder mixed in.

Be well everyone :)

Tanya

Most Active