So frustrated :(

sweetaypie
on 3/3/14 7:00 am

Here i was sitting waiting to hear about an orientation date, along with my sleep apnea date, after a month waiting i had called the sleep clinic they say they never received my referral faxed that was supposedly faxed on two different dates...checked with my dr and he said he never got a confirmation from the registry, i then said maybe your fax machine isnt working or the referrals never got faxed... he says maybe it just takes along time, i said how could that be when your secretary supposedly faxed my referral for the sleep clinic and they never got either...so as his secretary was away on vacation i then asked for them to fax the referral to the sleep clinic then i called to see if they got it and low and behold it went through...so after talking with my sister in law she feels the same as i do that they all never got faxed in the first place, now im worried if paperwork gets faxed back for any corrections or confirmation the secretary will ignore it or discard it, as it seems she doesnt agree with this surgery or diet pills etc (not a nice person) ....so i then had called Humber river and both times i got hung up on...so i sit here so frustrated wondering if my referral ever got sent and dont know how i can ever find out if the registry ever received it without getting hung up on.....  I have to go to the sleep dr for my test results which means another sleep test for the cpap machine, im wondering if i should be getting him to send in a referral for the surgery and not bother with my physician at all but i dont know what happens if you send in too many referrals.....so frustrated right now as my mobilty is not good due to severe hip and back  issues im in so much pain and so anxiously wanting this surgery process to start so i can live pain free :(   sorry for venting im just so frustrated now :( 

Katie M.
on 3/3/14 7:07 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Frustrating!! If you want to double check that the bariatric registry recieved your referral just send an email to bariatricregistry@stjoes.ca with your full name etc, and they should be able to tell you. If you're worried that the sleep clinic will have trouble getting in touch with your doctor maybe phone them directly and explain that the doctor's system is unreliable and if they could send you any paperwork/requests by mail as well? That way you can keep on top of things. Good luck, I hope you hear something soon from both places!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

sweetaypie
on 3/3/14 7:16 am

Thanks Katie, I send an email to them and this is what they replied ..please be advised that this email address is meant for administrative type questions only. Emails requesting information about the status of individual patient referrals will not be answered. Kind Regards, -The Bariatric Registry Team

just too frustrated :(  seems theres just no way to find out anything 

Katie M.
on 3/3/14 7:18 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Don't worry, that's the automatic reply that every email to them gets - but give it a few days and you should hear back from someone :) I had to email them at the start of my process too and within 48 hours it was all sorted out. Don't fret! 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Patm
on 3/3/14 7:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What the secretary is doing is not ethical. Any procedure your doctor orders should be processed. A sleep study is an important test for someone whether they are having wls or not. It is not up to the secretary to decide your treatments. If your doctor is unwilling to deal with his staff I would suggest looking into another doctor.

taniagirlca
on 3/3/14 8:13 am

I understand your frustration, after three months of waiting for a sleep study and calling the centre several times, they kept telling me it was normal that it would take three months. Then I phoned the sleep clinic who said they never got the referral and then lo and behold, i got a sleep study appointment the following week !!! Keep calling, that's what saved me an even longer wait !

sweetaypie
on 3/3/14 9:02 am

Im really hoping i can find out somehow, i have an email into the registry lets see what they tell me, ive already had humber river hospital hang up on me twice now... im certainly not happy with the secretary she has no right to do that.....if i cant get anywhere with this referral i may have to ask my sleep dr if he will refer me 

Most Active