Pay It Forward C Pap Machine Request

Eileen C.
on 3/2/14 1:35 am - Cornwall, Canada

Hi

I have a dear friend that is on a limited budget and has now been told that she requires a C Pap Machine, which she is not in a position to pay for one, and has no medical insurance etc to help in the payment of one. :(

Would anyone have a C machine that they are not longer using and would be able to help out my dear friend??

I know that this is a big request but I told her that I would post and see if anyone is able to assist her in this request.

Thanks for reading this post and a big thank you for anyone that is considering to help this lady out.

Hugs :)

my angel is Lisa48                                        
Zizzler
on 3/2/14 1:52 am

Does your friend know about the assistive devices program in Ontario?http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/adp/client_ro les.aspx

It covers a cpap every 4 years I believe.  I am guessing that she probably does know about it but her cpap stopped working before the 4 years were up?

If that is the case then another option would be to call the Ottawa Civic WMC and see if they have any donated cpaps - they have a program for people to donate them if they no longer need them after surgery.  Here is the number to call there: 613-761-5101.  They should be able to direct you once you explain the situation.

Good luck to your friend and I hope she finds one soon.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Eileen C.
on 3/2/14 3:00 am - Cornwall, Canada

Hi, thanks for all the info, no she hasn't had a machine yet, and was told it would cost her $500 and she had no idea how to go about getting some kind of funding etc, she hasn't had any surgery and don't think that she has applied for any surgery as yet!!

Thanks again, I will forward the info to her to let her know that there are programs to help people.

Thanks again, you rock, big time!!!

my angel is Lisa48                                        
(deactivated member)
on 3/2/14 3:31 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

ADP won't cover the whole cost.  My out of pocket was $260.  She can shop around at different CPAP providers to find out what her out of pocket would be.

Eileen C.
on 3/2/14 4:12 am - Cornwall, Canada

Thanks Tracey

I will pass that info on to her!!

my angel is Lisa48                                        
Patm
on 3/2/14 10:31 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

ADP only covers 3/4 of the cost unless you are on ODSP or Ontario works. So the cost to her probably would be around $500.00

Eileen C.
on 3/3/14 8:23 pm - Cornwall, Canada

Thanks, she was told that the cost would be $500 which she could not afford, but we have found someone that will donate it to her and she is aware that she will have to get her own masks etc!

Thanks for responding!! :)

my angel is Lisa48                                        
Maricw
on 3/2/14 2:48 am - Oshawa, Canada

Go back thru the post , there was a lady that had one not that long ago ..that she was ready to get rid of.....I think she said she had it listed on kijiji for $50... Good luck , hope someone can help her out...

Referral - October 3-2013 /  Family Dr. Confirmed - October  31-2013 /  Orientation call - November 11-2013 / Orientation (HRRH) -November 25-2013 / 1st  Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh) - January 14-2014 /  SW/RN/RD - January 17-2014 / Dr Glazer March 25-2014/ 2nd Surgeon Appt (Dr Huynh)- April 10-2014 / Surgery date - August 7-2014

Eileen C.
on 3/2/14 3:01 am - Cornwall, Canada

Thanks, I will have her check that out as well!

As usual, you guys all Rock Big Time, thanks for responding so quickly!!

Hugs

my angel is Lisa48                                        
dna
on 3/2/14 4:45 am - Canada

I will check with my hubby but we have one in the basement that isn't being used.  I tripped over it the other day and I am sure he would like to know it was going to someone who could use it.  The only issue would be getting it to you ?

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Most Active