Alcohol

Leanne1
on 2/27/14 10:19 am - Newmarket, Canada

I was at TWH today.. I heard that they are changing this rule. NO alcohol for 18 months after surgery! 

Why bother taking the chance? Optimize your weight loss time to the fullest

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

tabno1
on 2/27/14 8:42 pm - barrie, Canada

hi all

the reasoning for being careful with alcohol is not necessarily calories and drunkeness.  it is liver damage....because you have no pyloric valve when the alcohol goes into your blood unregulated it also hits your liver all in one shot.  if you google rny and alcohol you will find legitimate articles of death from liver damage due to alcohol.  so be careful.  i was also told this in my orientation.  

Referral - Sept 23rd, Resent Referral - Oct 29th - Orientation Nov 18/13, Dr Hyuhn Nov 26  -  SW/RN/RD - DEC 20TH - DR GLAZER FEB 25/13 Surgery Date: June 3, 2014

HW:252 OPTI W:224  SW 212 CW:205.5

Monica M.
on 2/28/14 2:37 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

There is no physiological way that you could get a DUI days later. WLS may change the way your body processes alcohol from your stomach, but it won't affect the way your liver detoxifies your body. Unless you have liver issues.

The issue of cross addiction is real. When you quit one addiction (food) there is a very real possibility of getting into a different addiction (shopping, drinking, gambling, etc).

Most Active