2 weeks Post Op from Guelph

bikinibound2014
on 2/24/14 8:55 am, edited 2/24/14 9:19 am

Hi there ...  I read a post asking for post op updates so here is mine .....

I'm 2 weeks post-op tomorrow (February 11) and so far I've lost 26 pounds since starting Opti on January 31st.  I don't think that's much of a loss compared to others but I already feel better and look better in clothes so I'll take it!! If I can lose 2-3 pounds a week I will be very happy. 

I'm with Guelph so I'm still on Full-fluids until next Tuesday.  I have a Premier Protein shake for breakfast (not recommended by Guelph but I hate Oatmeal and I need the protein); 1/2 cup soup with 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or Ricotta for Lunch and dinner and 2 more snacks if I feel like it -- usually it's 1/2c no sugar pudding or 1/2c homemade apple sauce or 1/2 vegetable juice + all my water.  I have had NO issues so far with anything. I'm drinking and eating without pain.  I haven't taken as much as a Tylenol since coming home. The last stool softener I took was Friday because everything seems to be moving just fine down there.  I'm seeing my family doctor tomorrow but I can see my incisions are not open and don't itch.  It's actually where the steristrips were stuck that has an irritation. 

I'm not hungry and feel very satisfied with what I'm eating.  I'm just getting bored with soup, yogurt etc... I'm looking forward to chewing again!!  I actually hope that everything is going OK because like I said I can eat and drink without issue.  Sometimes I wonder if I really had the surgery and hope that I will begin to feel my stomach restriction after I start eating.  I have no idea if I'm a dumper because I haven't eaten anything off plan and have to intention to try that one out.

I hope this helps anyone who needs information.  Ask me anything and I'll try to answer the best I can.

Vanessa

HW 277.0 CW 273.0 Asked for Referral February 2013; Orientation @ Guelph May 16th, 2013; First Appointments July 24th; Nutrition Class August 7th; Second Appointments (& cleared) August 29th; Post Op Class December 9th; meet surgeon January 9th; PATTS Jan 14; Opti starts January 21; Surgery February 11th!

betony63
on 2/24/14 11:17 am

Glad to hear you're feeling good and thanks for sharing with newbies like me :)

I have Orientation soon at Guelph and hope to have surgery this year.

All the best!

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 8:44 pm

Thank you for posting. Did you have any difficulty doing things for yourself after surgery?

bikinibound2014
on 2/26/14 4:04 am

No, I've been able to do normal things.  For the first 2 days at home I mostly laid in bed and slept.  Since then I've been normal from sleeping,driving, walking, grocery shopping and the bathroom ... anything I could do before the RNY. 

Most Active