Post-ops gone???

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 7:12 am

Yay Kerri!  So glad to hear you are doing well - thank you for posting!

kerlanny
on 2/24/14 7:35 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

Hi there, I'm just over a year post op and I feel like a new person. Some people have lost more than I have in this amount of time but I am glad to be me...  I feel happy and healthy.  No more huffing and puffing, I can walk up and down the stairs just like anyone else now.  I used to two foot every step.

I fit very nicely in a car and the seatbelts have gotten bigger...  I can sit in a booth at a restaurant.  I can buy clothes because I like them not because they're the only things that fit.

I do have a bit of trouble with pasta so I avoid it or only have a tiny bit.  I still can't always get my water in, I find icy cold is the best way for me.  I've only thrown up three times since surgery.  Twice because I had too much pasta. I think it grows after you eat it and once from drinking too close to eating.  I just think I over filled my pouch all three times. 

I have learned from my mistakes.  It's so great to feel healthy and have energy.  I forgot what it felt like because it had been so long.

I wish everyone that's waiting for surgery, has had surgery recently or a long time ago all the best.

It has changed my life for the good...  I'm so HAPPY!

Carol Ann

On my journey to rescue the healthy and confident me that is hidden within!

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 7:55 am

So glad to hear you are doing well and thank you for the detailed info.  I can't wait to be more mobile again too and this gives me hope that that is possible...

Amarachi
on 2/24/14 7:42 am - Canada

Hi Zizzler, I am here too, 5 weeks post-op today.  I am doing great, a pinched nerve on my left side is the only problem i am suffering from but i am feeling good, eating well and logging everything into my fitness pal.  I love the fact that i am not hungry and eat only for nutrients, i keep my intake protein focused, i keep my carbs under 30 and keep it pretty simple, i love my premier protein shake and have one every day to maintain my 80-100 grams of protein.  I have lost 40 lbs and for the first time in forever i am under 300lbs.  I read everyday but cannot post or login from my smart phone.  I am using my laptop to respond now.  I almost feel like i did not have surgery, water and all fluids go down great and as long as you follow your food plan chew and take time you will do great too.

Jacquie

Orientation HRRH Oct 21,13 / Surgeon Nov 1,13 / SW,RD,RN, Internist Dec 3,13 / PATTS Jan 14,14 / Surgery Jan 20,14

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 8:02 am

That is great!  Pinched nerve sounds painful - what do they do for that?  Or is it just rest?  40 lbs in a month is super, keep up the good work and thank you for posting.

starfish52
on 2/24/14 9:07 am - Canada

Hi there...

five and a half months post op...down 95 lbs..feel great...no issues ...feel like i never had a procedure done.like the otheres say if you eat too fast you know it...hard habit to break after doing it for so long...no regrets and my goal was 100 lbs gone before my six months...heres hoping i do not hit a stall!

Zizzler
on 2/25/14 6:51 am

Wow that is great!  So happy to see you are doing alright.

Sunny123
on 2/24/14 7:47 am
RNY on 12/05/13

I am 11 weeks post op.

I post daily. No complications. Food stuck twice. 

I would not assume there are complications if people don't post. It is probably more of a situation of people getting busy, moving on and not needing the site. Personally I need the support, that is why I am here.

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 8:05 am

I have read your posts and they are very helpful to me as a pre-op.

I am sure people just get busy and that is why, but today I am anxious for some reason.  Must be the cold...lol

G_mama_d
on 2/24/14 7:55 am - North Bay, Canada

I have not had any hunger yet. I eat because i know i have to get my protein in. 

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

Most Active