What are you doing/eating today ( Monday)

birdiegirl
on 2/23/14 7:35 pm

RNY  4 Years 10 Months Post Op

Morning

Had my butt handed to me yesterday by my opponent.....but had a great time and won a bit of money......heading out to meet my trainer in awhile......my body is beat....and I had leg spasms in the night from so much sweating yesterday.....going to eat a banana this morning for some potassium.......have a lot on the go today so will have to push thru the back pain

STEPS - 11,780

EATS

B - 1 large mug of coffee

1 banana

S - Premier protein shake - post workout

L - largeish garden salad with 1.5 eggs thrown in

1 piece of hot sourdough

D - 6 oz grilled swordfish

Caesar salad - small amount

green veg of some type

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,074,  Carbs - 64 grams,  Fat - 46 grams,  Protein - 83 grams

All water.....still trying to re-hydrate from the weekend in the heat......all vits

Have a great one    

Patm
on 2/23/14 8:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you enjoyed yourself golfing. Hopefully by your next tournament you will be back in great form. I walked too far yesterday and am sore. I have walked that far before but i think it is just part of this cold. Well off to work. Actually have a busy week. We are hosting 300 government employees on Wednesday for a presentation so still lots of work for that. I do prefer to be busy.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s chick peas

l salad with ceasar dressing and chicken, yogurt

s 2 baby bel

d ground beef (not sure what I will do with it), squash

s SF chocolate pudding

c 977, carb 72, prot 86

birdiegirl
on 2/23/14 10:05 pm

Agree re being busy - especially at work......hope your cold is getting better....I still have the funny voice....but feel almost back to normal.....and now energized after working out....

kristaeb
on 2/23/14 9:25 pm

Good morning Barb and everyone. Busy weekend. Lots of walking..

B- tea and greek yogurt.

S- red pepper hummus with 4 thin crackers.

L- Chicken stir fry..

S- cheese string. and water melon.

D- chicken and veggies.

S- frozen fruit with NS added and greek yogurt. Put in my magic bullet and then in freezer for 1/2 cup of sorbet..

Have a great Monday..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

birdiegirl
on 2/23/14 10:05 pm

Krista your sorbet sounds wonderful.....great idea and I am going to try that!

Sunny123
on 2/23/14 9:28 pm, edited 2/23/14 9:29 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

11 weeks +

Barb, sorry to hear you’re suffering today! Hope you feel better soon.

I have had knee issues from my treadmill/elliptical, but have taken the advice of Patm and am using Tylenol Arthritis and a rub called LIVRELIEF suggested by RidingFan. They seem to be helping me but I am still having some pain…hoping it will lessen as I lessen in size!

B- premier protein shake

S- hummus, melba

Lunch –ocean’s tuna kit, babybel cheese

S- laughing cow, melba

Dinner –maggi so juicy herb chicken breast peppers basmati rice

FITNESS PAL Calories 997 Carbs 74 Fat 34 Protein 99

Have a great day friends!

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

birdiegirl
on 2/23/14 10:08 pm

Would a recumbent bike be better for your knees?.......take it easy eh?.....pain is trying to tell you something.....and to differentiate between muscle and tendon/bone pain.......I am in the "it it hurts don't do it camp".....and I know the difference between my muscles being stressed and actual pain.......just don't want to see you really do some damage

Sunny123
on 2/23/14 11:34 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

You're right the bike would be a better choice. 

I own a treadmill and eliptical and because it's been so bad out that is what I've been using. However, we just bought our son a new bike which he hasn't used so I may try that once the weather gets better.  I have had to skip a couple of days last week because I was hurting so bad.

I took the incline off the treadmill and try to keep a slight bend in my knee when walking along with the cream and pills. It does seem to be getting better.

I have hurt myself by going too hard in the past which has deterred me from exercising and of course made me gain weight. I think I am getting excited as I am losing so well.  I must remember - Slow and steady wins the race!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Natyrie82
on 2/23/14 10:22 pm - London, Canada

Good Moring everyone so far I been good minus the bowl of cereal in the middle of the night last night :( but im still trying Today is aquafit which I love so much.

B- haven't ate yet :( had 1/2 a coffee I may do a egg white omelette with low fat cheese and fruit

L- ham and cheese with pickle on a wrap yummy

D- tuna noodle casserole

I hope everyone has a great day!

Patm
on 2/23/14 10:52 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You might like to schedule a night snack so you do not wake up hungry.

Most Active