New to the site

amerbert
on 2/18/14 11:41 am

Hello! I am new to this site and I am hoping for all of your guidance and wisdom. After a year of appointments and tests I was given a surgery date today. I am scheduled for surgery on April 4th and I am nervous/excited/petrified all at the same time.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all!

Mary A.
on 2/18/14 10:38 pm

Welcome and be sure to look around and read as much as you possibly can there are a lot of great people on this board and it's going to be a life changing experience.  Take the few weeks before your surgery to make positive changes in your life...start eliminating your house of potato chips, and high carb items, start learning about reading nutritional information on foods that you buy...at 5 yrs post-op I still read the nutritional contents on anything I have never bought before.

Don't forget to keep a pair of your largest pants to hang in your closest for the future....the weight comes off pretty easily for most..but my toughest struggle is right now at 5 years.

All the best for your new exciting future

(p.s. If you have a support group in your area...you must attend at least for the first year because it provides wonderful emotional support and tons of ideas)

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

amerbert
on 2/19/14 1:18 am

Thanks, Mary. I appreciate your words of wisdom!

lonelyintoronto
on 2/19/14 6:50 am - Canada

welcome! Im newbie also and still finding my way around and hopefully you will too

Zizzler
on 2/20/14 10:00 am

Congratulations on getting your surgery date.  Welcome to the site - it is a great place to learn and find support. 

Most Active