Day 4 post op

Girlie79
on 2/16/14 9:15 pm

Sleeping like crap! Just arrived home last night and is it normal to have the feeling of a knot in your stomach? I have been wretching like crazy despite being loaded up on zophran before leaving hospital! I have had very little in the way of nutrition since surgery is it possible this is the cause for all the dry heaves? I got up at 4 am and had some chicken  soup and water. Just now choking down a protein shake.  Seems like a long road to get to actually eating again! On a light note my hubby and kids survived the 3 nights without me! All in all though feeling not to bad! Here is a cheers to being on the bench! It's an awesome feeling!'

Northernlightsmom
on 2/16/14 9:54 pm - Canada

I am so sorry to hear you are dry heaving. I am not sure  how to help with that but I can tell you every morning you wake up gets easier and easier. 

Get lots of rest. Did you get pain meds when you went home? I found and my nurse said that relieving my pain helps with nausea. Take care...and take it easy.

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Leanne1
on 2/16/14 9:56 pm - Newmarket, Canada

It took me a few weeks to get back to eating normal foods

I ate according to the meal plan my team gave me. 

Take your time. It's all a new learning time, get reaquainted with foods again.

:-)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Blueiiis
on 2/16/14 11:59 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

No advice for you, but hope you are feeling better soon.  Hang in there.

Jiliana2
on 2/17/14 4:03 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I had a lot of nausea post surgery. In the hospital, it meant that I had to stay two nights instead of one. When they sent me home, they prescribed something for nausea (in capsule form, but they told me I could break the capsules and take the powder, chasing it with a little water). Call your centre if you are that nauseous. They CAN (and should) give you something for it. 

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

shoshanaApr2013
on 2/18/14 6:31 am
I found that days 4 and 5 post-op were the most difficult. I couldn't eat anywhere near what the guidelines suggested, so I focused on sipping as much as I could to avoid dehydration. Every day it was a little easier to get broth/jello/etc down, but I'm 3 weeks out and just starting to be able to get protein shakes in. I was also having problems sleeping as I usually sleep on my side but it was too painful to do. Slowly everything has been improving. Things will get better so hang in there!!! Don't hesitate to call your Centre for advice if you're worried.

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Most Active