Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon, Mexico

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/14 9:58 am

anyone has any info ? There is a lot of reviews on Dr. Alvarez and that's who I was considering but now read on Dr. Ponce on US forum

Leanne1
on 2/16/14 9:48 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Nope, never heard of that dr. 

I don't read the US forum. Why are you considering going to Mexico when they do everything here? You won't get the same aftercare as going to one of the centres here. 

Just curious... 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/14 12:03 am

Hi Leanne. I have my heart set on VSG, so if I can't get it here, I will not be going for RnY, so Mexico is the only option. Aftercare is a concern, so I have to do my research and consider pros and cons :(

Leanne1
on 2/17/14 9:11 am - Newmarket, Canada

Many people have had a vsg here... shouldn't be an issue.. imo. 

That's why you meet with the surgeon... to discuss the different options and which is best for you

No need to go to Mexico to have your surgey

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

(deactivated member)
on 2/17/14 11:01 am

you make it sound so easy From what I've read so far, I should be prepared to fight for it with all my might :)

Seeing internist next month, will see when the next surgeon's app will be. Thanks for the support

Leanne1
on 2/17/14 8:33 pm - Newmarket, Canada

We definitely need to advocate for ourselves. 

Make sure you do your research. I am sure they will ask you why you prefer vsg over rny. 

Communicate with you team. 

Most Active