Need some advice

piccola
on 2/17/14 2:05 am
RNY on 06/06/13

Hi Fourm , I am a diabetic and was wondering what you all thought is a good sweetener to be using so confused? Have read all sorts this weekend about natural ones and how splenda is no good to just stick with sugar in moderation. Just need your thoughts on what i should be putting in my coffee/tea any advice would be greatly appreciated......   Thanks again

Patm
on 2/17/14 2:18 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Usually with diabetes you need to stop all sugar or honey. It hits you too hard. I have currently been using truvia for cooking. I find it has less after taste. I also use splenda brown sugar substituent for baking. I have found trial and error the best for finding one that I do not mind too much

Curious.George
on 2/17/14 2:25 am - Canada

I use Stevia in my coffee. It is supposed to be "all natural". Hope this helps.

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

kristaeb
on 2/17/14 3:49 am

Hi, i use a little splenda in my tea. I dont care for stevia. It will be what ever tastes right for you.....Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Zizzler
on 2/17/14 6:20 am

My favourite is EZ Sweetz.  There is not aftertaste, its affordable, and it is easy to carry the little bottle in any purse.  I also use it for baking and cooking, works great.  I know it is so confusing all the different types and everyone has their own preference too.  Good luck to you!

piccola
on 2/17/14 7:36 am
RNY on 06/06/13

Thanks for all advice, i guess it will be trial and error til i find one that works.... 

Leanne1
on 2/17/14 8:58 am - Newmarket, Canada

I use splenda

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

debralight
on 2/17/14 12:00 pm - Canada

I swear if you read enough studies you'll find everything is bad for you even water...

I don't like the taste of stevia so I use splenda. Sure sugar is more natural but i don't want to be eating pure carbs.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Leanne1
on 2/17/14 8:50 pm - Newmarket, Canada

I agree with Debra's statement

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

piccola
on 2/17/14 11:30 pm
RNY on 06/06/13

I have been using Splenda , I guess i will stick with this one...Thanks again for all your input... Have a great day Everyone..!!!

Most Active