Discussion "who am I" ?

Zizzler
on 2/13/14 7:10 am

Love this post Pat - thank you for sharing...

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

pink7sadie
on 2/13/14 8:49 pm

So many inspirational stories!  I am still pre-op and I'm curious to see what life will bring post-op.  I have noticed my self confidence has completely tanked!  I am uncomfortable in my own skin!  I've been overeight ALL my life.  I've been riduculed, and wondered "when is it my turn (for love)?"  And I feel like my weight is holding me back from progressing in my career.  All the mental stigmas attached to weight.

I am really looking forward to doing all those things that I can't do now.  It really hit me hard last summer when we took our kids to centreville and a sign on the ride read "no oversize riders"  Well that's me "oversize"  I was crushed.  I was in line and didn't see the sign till I was at the top :(  And had to settle my kids and keep right on walking.  Well not next year I'll tell you that right now!  I'm going on that ride. 

I want to play in the snow with my kids!  I want to take them to the scenic caves in Collingwood.  They're still little and I want to keep up with them. 

Truthfully, I'm concerned about my relationships.  My husband and I have a very strong marriage.  My hope is that it will only get stronger.  And I'm the type to "cut dead weight" so to speak in friendships anyways so if my friendships change than que sera.

It's all very scary, yet exciting...

REFERRED: June 19, 2013, ORIENTATION: September 23, 2013,1st SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. October 10, 2013 RN / SW / NUT: December 20, 2013 DR. GLAZER: January 7, 2014 2nd SW / NUT: February 14, 2013, 2nd SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. March 31, 2014, 2nd APPT. DR. GLAZER: February 4, 2015   PATTS: February 19, 2015 SURGERY: March 13, 2015

highlandbear
on 2/14/14 6:00 am - Canada

Yes I have changed and I would say for the better. Did it change my relationship with my husband no. He loves me very much and he loves the new me. We are truly sole mates. He is my biggest supporter at my races and he is there cheering me  on. I was always in the pool when I was heavy but now I am in the gym and running and biking and doing marathons and triathlons. That  is where the big change has come. Twice a week I am late getting home from training and he goes and makes dinner. The new me is never around the house anymore. The sad part is the home is getting neglected in the cleaning department. When I was heavy my place was spot less now different story. One day I hope to do a sky dive something I would not have even thought of doing when I was heavy. I guess I just feel that many doors are now open for me. I have a saying I believe I am strong but I Know I can be stronger. I would have never said that when I was heavy. Life is good 

Most Active