Help I don't want to go back

Barb L.
on 2/11/14 6:43 am - Toronto, Canada

hi, I recently been really hungry and I still have problems eating certain foods.

I put on over 20 pounds.  How do I get back on track?  What should I eat?  I really need your advise.  I went to the nutritionist and she wasn't much help.

please reply,

thanks so much.

Caroline K.
on 2/11/14 9:00 am

From what I've read, the main suggestions are:

1) Track everything.

2) go back to basics. No drinking with/after eating. Eat protein first, then veg.

3) reduce or eliminate white carbs I.e. Rice, pasta, potatoes, etc.

4) if you're exercising, be careful about not eating the calories you're burning, especially since most calorie estimates are not terribly accurate.

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/11/14 10:06 am - Windsor, Canada

To lose, even years out, it's all about the protein, and lots of veggies.  Clean eating.  

It really is about back to basics.  Getting rid of the processed foods.   Processed foods get kicked to the curb as much as possible.  

Clean out the cupboards if you can.   Protein, protein and protein. 

Good luck.  It is a challenge for

sure. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Mary A.
on 2/13/14 1:51 am
On February 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM Pacific Time, Diminishing Dawn wrote:

To lose, even years out, it's all about the protein, and lots of veggies.  Clean eating.  

It really is about back to basics.  Getting rid of the processed foods.   Processed foods get kicked to the curb as much as possible.  

Clean out the cupboards if you can.   Protein, protein and protein. 

Good luck.  It is a challenge for

sure. 

Dawn

can't say AMEN any louder than the above...I am 5 yrs post-op and Dawn hits it exactly~!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Karen M.
on 2/11/14 9:17 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Sent you a PM Barb :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/14 8:29 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Hi Barb, I have been having a tough go of things lately too. We can do this together. I am sure that it is back to basics for me. I know I need to make a list of all of the "good" food that I like and plan my meals. I need to get back to tracking everything and boosting the exercise. Drinking more water and  no liquids after meals.  If you need a supporter I am here for you. 

Barb L.
on 2/12/14 11:21 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi, great.  I am here to support you too.  Ok what are you eating today  Wednesday.   Now we have to stick to this. 

Barb L.
on 2/12/14 11:22 am - Toronto, Canada

sorry I mean Thursday.  

Linda G.
on 2/12/14 8:44 am - Canada

I am having the exact same problem.  It is really tough but I also started drinking 1 tsp apple cider vinegar with 1 tsp of natural honey.  Today was my first day but I think it has helped with me making wrong choices during the day.  Being conscious of the problem also helps....live in the moment and be aware of the bad choices.  It is a minute by minute struggle but I do not want to go backwards.  We need to stop now when it is only a few pounds instead of 100 pounds.

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Most Active