Surgeon

bubby52
on 2/10/14 1:34 am - Toronto, Canada

I just met my surgeon, Dr. Cyriac.  He seemed really nice.  He told me that his secretary would be calling in the next few weeks with the surgery date (approx. 3 months from now)

I will be having the surgery at the Toronto Eastern Hospital. Anyone have this surgeon? Thoughts?

Yoyo4life
on 2/10/14 1:26 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

He wasent my surgeon but he did my surgeons appointment...he was very nice and informative and asked if I had any questions...not to self TEGH is a very old hospital I had my surgery there but by another surgeon the experience wasent the greatest but nothing to do with complications or anything...I'm 1 month and  a few days post op if u have any questions just message me I'll be glad to answer whatever questions may come across ur mind 

Referral sent: Aug/30/2013 Orientation: September/24/2013 Nurse Appointment: September/30/2013 Social worker Appointment: October/7/2013 Psychologist Appointment:Oct/11/13 Dietician Appointment:Oct/21/13 Nutrition Class: Oct/29/2013 Surgeons Appointment: Nov/22/2013 PATTS: December/13/2013 Surgery date: January/08/2014

Yoyo4life
on 2/10/14 1:27 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 01/08/14

He wasent my surgeon but he did my surgeons appointment...he was very nice and informative and asked if I had any questions...not to self TEGH is a very old hospital I had my surgery there but by another surgeon the experience wasent the greatest but nothing to do with complications or anything...I'm 1 month and  a few days post op if u have any questions just message me I'll be glad to answer whatever questions may come across ur mind 

bubby52
on 2/11/14 2:08 am - Toronto, Canada

You had a negative experience at TEGH?  I was disappointed when they told me I would be having my surgery there.  I thought it would be at the TWH.  I am not familiar with this hospital?  How are you doing?  Are you recovering nicely? Are you happy you had the surgery?

fondoffun
on 2/14/14 10:23 am

I had my surgery on Oct 15th, Dr Cyriac was my surgeon and i really liked him.  Not that you get to see him much.   Toronto East Hospital was disgusting.  When i came up from recovery, i was still really out of it but I had no help getting off the stretcher bed and into the regular bed, grab the bar and pull yourself into the bed.  Figure out how to cover yourself up.    A nurse came in and i asked for my bag so i could get my phone and she tossed it on the bed and left.  I asked for water, many times and never go any until the following morning.  The nurse kicked my slipper under the bed and i told her and she said "oh sorry but i cant reach it".  I was there two days and luckily i am very self sufficient which i cant say about the woman across from me.  The room and bathroom was not cleaned either day, there was urine on the floor in the bathroom.  The jello was liquid.  There was ZERO help.  They never gave us wash downs or towels and face cloths to do it ourselves.  Closest was tossing a wet wipe at us once a day.  When i wanted to walk i unplugged the monitor and it would beep constantly bothering the woman across from me, so after them ignoring my request to silence it, i turned it off.  It took them 6hrs to figure that out.  If i hadnt of insisted the woman across from me get up and walk, she never would have got up and she was in agony form the gas.  The place was so noisy you couldnt sleep, i finally got up and slammed the door.  There is so much more but you get the drift.  I left after two nights and drove myself the 3hr drive home.   I would suggest you get someone to be with you as much as possible to help you, will make your like easier.

Most Active