bariatric referral process

sweetaypie
on 2/8/14 6:23 am

Hi there,  this site is very informative, im learning so much, i would like to know, how long the process is from the time the referral letter is faxed to the bariatric network registry in ontario to the time you get your letter for your first appointment ...If any one has any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time...

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/8/14 7:32 am - Windsor, Canada

I responded to your post on the main board.  Again, we'd need to know what centre you're at as the wait times are all different :)

Welcome to the board.  You'll find great information here :)

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

sweetaypie
on 2/9/14 6:36 am

Thank you Diminishing Dawn, i will be referred to somewhere in the toronto, im in the pickering area

Zizzler
on 2/8/14 7:57 am

Me it was a month, but it really seems to vary.  If you do not hear from them after a month it is worth checking to make sure they received it, as errors do happen.  Good luck!

providence
on 2/8/14 12:43 pm
RNY on 03/20/14

It really depends which clinic you will be referred to. I was referred to Hotel Dieu in Kingston. It took 5 months from referral to getting an invitation to the orientation session. Good luck

taniagirlca
on 2/9/14 1:31 am

Mine was 5 months also.

piccola
on 2/8/14 9:36 pm, edited 2/8/14 9:37 pm
RNY on 06/06/13

By the time the referral letter was sent till  i got my appt for the orientation it was 3 months. Did process

through Toronto Western Hospital... They were quite quick in getting through the process.From orientation till i got a surgery date,it was 8 months from start to finish...Best decision i ever made was getting this surgery done..Good luck in your journey !!!! 

sweetaypie
on 2/9/14 6:39 am

That is great to hear, i have some friends trying to talk me out of it, but im not changing my mind, im hearing that everyone seems to be happy with their surgerys and im sure i will also

Thank you :)

sellarsgal
on 2/9/14 7:53 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hi, I'm in Oshawa. If you go through Humber it should take less than one month from Orientation to first surgeon meeting. I think the whole process may take 6 months give or take. Depending on your health issues. Go for it and good luck!

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

sweetaypie
on 2/9/14 9:51 am

Thank you sellarsgal, im just new in the process and anxiously waiting, my girlfriend had this surgery done in aug of 2012 and shes so glad she did it...

Most Active