insomnia

Crystal82
on 2/6/14 10:23 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14

Hey all, 

I am a just over a month post op and have been very blessed with no complications and life allisretuning to normal. Except I can't seem to get a good night's sleep! I go to the gym (or try to go now 5 days a week, which I think would tire me out) but all I seem to  do is toss and turn all night and have trouble dragging my but out of bed in the morning.  Is this normal? Is or has anyone else experienced this after surgery? I need to get this in check cause I start back to work in just over a week! HELP!! Thanks all

Surgery January 6, 2014!

Catw
on 2/6/14 10:40 pm - Arnprior, Canada

This is normal, I remember having insomnia while recovering as well.  And being tired during the day.  I'm not a napper, so I was not as energetic as I had hoped.  If you work out in the evening, try working out earlier in the day.  Start a bedtime routine, take time to wind down before when you want to go to bed.  Warm milk, warm water, etc.  Some have said meditation before bed helps them to relax.  Soft music/lullabies in a dark room help too.  Either that or putting on white noise (a fan or something).  It won't happen the first night.

Cathy

Hanneli xoxo
on 2/6/14 10:41 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I know for myself that I cannot go to the gym in the eveningxs because it makes me have too much energy..

Crystal82
on 2/6/14 10:52 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14

Right now (because I'm off work) I have been going to the gym in the mornings/afternoons bit once I'm back to work it will be after 7pm (I work Downtown TO and take the GO train home to Newmarket) and I don't usually get home till around 7 but hopefully my day plus the gym will knock me out! I am not a napper either but wish I was! 

Surgery January 6, 2014!

TammyS74
on 2/6/14 10:56 pm - Canada

I am 2mths out and I still have trouble sleeping.  It takes forever to falla sleep and after a few hrs I am wide awake again.  I am told it does get better :-)  good luck

Surgery Date: December 6 2013 Humber River Regional Hospital Dr. Sohi  

kristaeb
on 2/7/14 12:10 am, edited 2/7/14 12:12 am

Hi, i am 7 months out and i dont sleep much..I am hoping it will get better..I wish you well....Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Crystal82
on 2/7/14 1:01 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14

Oh no this is not sounding good! I'm assuming that all the phyicologial changes to our bodies and hormones are the cause!?!

Surgery January 6, 2014!

Delicious_Delilah
on 2/7/14 9:15 am - Ottawa, Canada

I had same slept issues after surgery. Think it's normal. My sleep started getting better after a couple of months. Hang in there!

DD

Most Active