Buyer's remorse

nosugarforme
on 2/3/14 1:59 am - Canada

I definitely had buyer's remorse during the two week period after surgery.  Just fluids made me feel out of sorts but it went away very quickly.

shoshanaApr2013
on 2/3/14 2:16 am
On my 4th day post-op I had a major "What have I done?" crisis. It was short lived, and as every day gets better I know this was the right decision for my long-term health and longevity.

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Monica M.
on 2/3/14 2:17 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

yup.. i called it "why the eff did i do this to myself????"

It lasted about a day and a half. I'm great now, even with some regain, i could not have lost this weight without this surgery.

aidan
on 2/3/14 6:41 am - Canada

I had a very serious leak just after surgery and have NEVER regretted my choice!

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/14 10:12 am

OMG. That would have me question whole bunch of things and maybe make me find a new religion. So happy for you !

BluIzGal
on 2/3/14 6:48 am, edited 2/3/14 7:05 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I am 18mths post op and I definately have had (and still do) have buyers remorse. I had an abscess that took over four months to heal and seem to have more medical issues after surgery than pre op. I wish I felt I could I love my RNY like most do but it's simply not the case. I spoke to the various professionals at my centre and they said while it not that uncommon, people just don't talk about it.

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/14 10:13 am

thank you for reply. So, even reaching your goal weight doesn't soften the blow ? :(

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/14 10:13 am

thanks, guys, I appreciate the responses

mispysmom
on 2/3/14 9:29 pm - elliot lake, Canada

I had it for like two seconds, after the nurse made me eat a crushed up asperin mixed with sugar free jam, and I puked everywhere and gagged for quiet some time!! I dont suggest u eat that, no matter wht the nurse says, My heart rate raced and took some time to get back to normal, I remember looking at my husband and saying "What the hell didi I do to myself" crying, he just rubbed my head and said "it'll get better" and He was right it did, the first two days are the hardest as long as you do not have complications, now three months and 120 lbs later, I would make the same choice in an instant, without sounding cliche, my only regret ....was waiting so long to have surgery!!!

Amanda

sabrinastrength
on 2/4/14 1:41 am - Canada
I'm at 6 months post-op and have never had 'buyers remose'. There are times when I get frustrated when I just want to shove a piece of cake in my mouth, but I rise above the feeling pretty quickly and have yet to eat anything sugary or fatty. The head hunger and psychology of food in relation to your emotions I find plays a pretty big part of your success. Once you can deal with those thoughts and emotions it's pretty much smooth sailing. Everyone is different, it's not easy but it's worth it. I always say that anything worth having shouldn't be easy to get - it makes you appreciate it even more if you have to work hard for it.

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

Most Active