What to expect at your first surgeon appointment?

Focal
on 1/27/14 4:19 am - Peterborough, Canada

I just got my appointment to meet my surgeon at HRRH.  I am surpised to have an appointment already as I just had the orientation a couple weeks ago.  I will be seeing Dr Klien (not sure if the spelling is right) on Thursday.  What do they go through on the first visit?  They said I have to get blood work done which I expected. 

Referral from Family Doctor - November 4/13  |  Orientation date for HRRH - January 9/14  |  1st meeting with surgeon - January 30/14  |  Dietician, Registered Nurse, Social Worker Appointments – Feburary 10/14 | Second Dietician - March 11/14 | Dr Glazer - March 20/14 | Sleep Test - March 24/14 | Sleep Test Results - April 15/14 | 2nd Surgeon Appointment - May 13/14 | PATTS - September 30/14 | Surgery Date - October 21/14

Hennagirliegirl
on 1/27/14 8:35 am - Canada

The first surgeon appt is sort of anticlimactic really. It is short, basically he will explain the surgery, tell you which one is best suited for you based on your history. That's about it. As long as he feels you are a candidate based on Provincial standards you will then see the internist (Dr. Glazer) He is the one that has to "clear" you from a medical perspective, so further testing such as sleep study etc... Will come from him and once you have his clearance you will then see the surgeon again for optifast and surgery date.

Exciting time for you, congratualtions.

Terri

Test

Most Active