Internal hernia and scar tissue

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/14 1:03 am
RNY on 04/13/12

I haven't been on here in a while and I'm looking for answers. I had a RNY April 2012. Three days after that I had emergency. Surgery to fix a bowel obstruction. Then I had another bowel survey for a twisted bowel a few months after that. I started out at 325 and now I weigh 182. 

I ended up in the emerg this past weekend and found out I have two internal hernias and scar tissue that keeps twisting the intestines. It untwisted itself this time but I am booked for surgery in two weeks.

The surgeon will fix the hernias and remove adhesions and tack the intestines down so they won't twist anymore. The surgery will be 3  hours. All done by lap.

my question is what can I expect post op? I've read that recovery will be worse then the RNY and bowel surgery. Has anyone got any opinion on this. 

Any help would be great. It's just that I never heal well.

my doctor is dr Amy Neville in ottawa. This is the only good thing .I met her and she is fantastic. 

Thanks everyone

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/14 3:21 am

i do not have any information for you,  but i just wanted to wish you the best with your surgery and recovery. 

piccola
on 1/25/14 6:29 am
RNY on 06/06/13

Have not been on in awhile was wondering how you feeling since your accident? Hope all is well.

Lisa

Most Active