Guess its time to reintroduce myself

19star71
on 1/23/14 1:33 am

Hello everyone!

I joined the site in late 2012, shortly after getting my name on the Bariatric list.

Like many of us, I was completely gung ho and read everything I could on this site.

Once I received my Orientation date for Hamilton, I was somewhat deflated. My date was set for over a year later ;(  I expected the process to be long, but I thought the wait would come after the information session, not before.

Fortunately, the process has been much quicker since the Orientation. Within 2 months, I have seen the Dietician, the RN, the Social Worker and the Surgeon and have been given the okay to go forward. I was told that I could be looking at late February for the surgery date!

Many lessons have been learned during this journey, but maybe the most important is I will be much more successful with support of others going through this. My friends and family are amazing, but they will never really "get it".

The support I have seen is remarkable on this site, and I hope to give and get just a little of it ;)

Thanks,

CC

Monica M.
on 1/23/14 2:22 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

welcome back!! I'm happy that the process is moving along for you. Woot woot!!!!!

19star71
on 1/23/14 4:30 am

Thanks Monica!

The process seems to be moving too fast now! I just got a call about having surgery done on Monday. I don't pick up my Opti Fast until Tuesday though lol

It hurt to have to turn it down!

Zizzler
on 1/23/14 8:15 am

Welcome back and congratulations :0)

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Philippa
on 1/23/14 12:37 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14
Nice to meet you. I felt the same way when u first started my journey. Family and friends are great but I wanted to be connected with others going through the same journey I'm on. I get it. Well come.

mispysmom
on 1/23/14 8:20 pm - elliot lake, Canada
Greetings :) and dont worry 'we get it' lol wont.be long.for u now!!!

Amanda

Most Active