What are you doing/eating today ( Friday)

mispysmom
on 1/24/14 12:45 am - elliot lake, Canada
Breakfast: protien shake snack: turkey pepperette, cucumber slices lunch: mahimahi and broccali/cauliflour snack: melba toast and one slice marble cheese supper: chicken breast diced on a garden salad probly.have an evening snack.after i.shovel the.driveway :)

Amanda

S_Tucker1
on 1/24/14 12:53 am

8 wks post op- down 45lbs.  Clothes are getting too big- need to find a cheap place to get some clothes (not complaining at all!!)

B- Cheese String, 1/4 C Fat free Vanilla Yogurt

S- Pepperoni Stick

L- Pork chop 3 oz, garden salad with Fat free dressing

S- banana

D- turkey breast and grilled asparagus

Calories: 737, Fat: 36g, Carbs- 54, Protein- 64

Dr. Referral- Aug 2012, Orientation- March 2013, Psych/Nut & Gastroscopy- Sept 2013, Internist & Social Work- Nov 6, 2013...

Mary A.
on 1/24/14 1:12 am
On January 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM Pacific Time, S_Tucker1 wrote:

8 wks post op- down 45lbs.  Clothes are getting too big- need to find a cheap place to get some clothes (not complaining at all!!)

B- Cheese String, 1/4 C Fat free Vanilla Yogurt

S- Pepperoni Stick

L- Pork chop 3 oz, garden salad with Fat free dressing

S- banana

D- turkey breast and grilled asparagus

Calories: 737, Fat: 36g, Carbs- 54, Protein- 64

not sure where in the scheme of things S_Tucker 1 is, because that protein seems at least 20 grams short of whet is the desired rate for the day...try to get in more protein it's really important

- 1 slice weigh****chers bread with 2 tsp peanut butter

- 1 Zone Perfect Protein bar

(rest yet to be determined as I am out and about this afternoon with errands to run.

I have began to like Wendy's small chili and a baked potato with sour cream..but then again I am 5 yrs post-op...and I am not counting calroies, jus****ching carbs/sugar intake

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Mary A.
on 1/24/14 1:18 am, edited 1/24/14 1:19 am

gosh I just have to reiterate a protein intake of 60(ish) grams is LOW, LOW, LOW. you people are scaring me, protein is so necessary for so many aspects of living healthy

or

is that what new bariatric patients are being told to consume lately???

article after article I find higher protein values than what people in this thread are reporting

(notice how the first line states (average person)...and then goe son to state how bariatric patients need more

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-much-protein-after-gastric-bypas s-4679085.html

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/dietary_guidelines_after _gastric_bypass/

again the above states 65-75

http://www.bariatricchoice.com/protein-needs-for-bariatric-g astric-bypass-surgery-patients.aspx#.

(a good reference for protein rich foods)

Patm
on 1/24/14 1:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It is funny I recently say the dietitian for my 2 yr check up. I asked her how much was too much protein. I had heard this could be an issue. She would not answer me just said to get in at least 60gr everyday. At 2 rs out this is no longer a problem.

libra1
on 1/24/14 1:53 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Interesting ... at my 3 month appointment (2 days ago) the nutritionist told me I was consuming too much protein (I average 80-90 gr) and should be consuming 64 gr a day? Then the NP told me that a new recommendation just came in - NO alcohol consumption--she thought it may be because of the rising level of alcohol abuse amongst  WLS patients. I'm questioning both recommendations.

Patm
on 1/24/14 2:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I keep trying to find articles about what is too much protein in a bariatric patient but have been unable to find anything. There is a lot about not enough causing muscle loss , hair loss and bone weakening. I can't see how 80-90 could possible be too high.

Leanne1
on 1/24/14 2:31 am - Newmarket, Canada

I usually aim for MUCH higher protein thru my day. I am struggling with eating since my surgery last monday, so I am just trying to get what I can, into me. I am going to add a protein shake this afternoon, after my nap. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

dragongirl_76
on 1/24/14 10:27 am

I was told to aim for 60g thru food, not shakes.

Most Active