What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

kristaeb
on 1/19/14 11:05 pm

Thanks Barb.. kiss

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Onward and
Downward

on 1/19/14 8:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Enjoy your reading, Barb - that's what I did all day yesterday.  Sat around reading. It was great!  Everyone needs a day like that.  And heck, I even lost another pound on the weekend despite my sluggishness (I didn't eat a whole lot either), so I'm back to 178.

Back to planning and packing lunch and snacks, though. I was pretty good about doing that all last week. And I've been packing lunches for my husband too, in an effort to save a bit of money, and also to help him have a bit of a balanced diet.  It was kind of a new year's resolution for me to make meals for the family to save money and so we can all eat better, not just me. 

Today: Full day at the office (where I'll try to get a walk in at lunch if the weather isn't too awful - doesn't look too terrible, just "scattered flurries", and I don't notice the cold when I'm walking fast).  Don't think I have anything tonight after work, so that's a good thing - I'll just come home and cook something for supper and relax with the book I'm reading.

Oh, one bit of news - they put me on the waiting list for CBT at TWH earlier this month, and I got a call last week saying they have an opening. So my first CBT session is tomorrow late afternoon. I'm pretty happy about that - much quicker than I expected!  Looking forward to it.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup frozen mixed raspberries/blueberries/blackberries

S - 1 oz cheese spread on cucumber slices as "crackers"

L - Leftover beef rouladen (the meal that keeps on giving!) with red cabbage, a bit of potato and gravy

S - More ricotta and berries - still using up that ricotta quick! LOL.

D - This I'll have to think about while I'm putting everything together this morning...

S - Probably a glass of milk.

TOTALS WITHOUT DINNER: 60g protein, 32g fat, 98 carbs, 11 fiber, 917 calories

So, for supper tonight, I'll have to make sure I have something with lots of protein but low on carbs.

Have a great day everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

birdiegirl
on 1/19/14 9:59 pm

Thats great you are making both of your lunches.....I did that too....a good habit I think......and you know what you are consuming...

Congrats re the 178.......its tough eh?

Onward and
Downward

on 1/20/14 2:46 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

It sure is! Although this weekend wasn't tough. I ate crap, but just not enough calories overall for it to matter.  It's not good when you get rewarded for going off the program!  Back on track today, though. Even took a walk during my lunch break (just got in) and feel great. 5000 steps at lunch alone!

I'm finding the lunch planning kind of fun, actually.  My husband is so impressed, and possibly a bit uncomfortable with it too, as he doesn't ever want me to feel like he expects it.  He's a good feminist, that guy (otherwise I would never have married him!), and finds it strange when his feminist wife starts up with the traditional gender roles.  Heh.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 1/20/14 4:25 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck with the CBT. I found it gave me a lot to think about and helped me make some changes

libra1
on 1/19/14 9:38 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good morning! It’s getting cold again. indecision

Today’s menu is...

B-Oatmeal with ground flaxseed and cinnamon

S- Premier Protein shake

L- 1% cottage cheese and ketchup

S-Skinny Latte

D- Extra lean mined turkey and diced tomatoes

S- Plain Greek yogurt with cinnamon

Cal-706, Carbs-39, Fat-15, Protein- 102 Sugar-17, Chol-120

birdiegirl
on 1/19/14 10:00 pm

I smile every time I read your cottage cheese and ketchup.....

kellybelly333
on 1/19/14 10:31 pm - Toronto, Canada

Smile? Really? LOL. I LOVE Ketchup...I eat it on my chicken....just can't imagine it with cottage cheese lol

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

libra1
on 1/19/14 10:53 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Me too!! The one thing I haven't given up --- I Loves me some ketchup!!! I love it on everything (eggs, chicken, fish, ....I use to put it on Mac and Cheese), but since surgery I've restricted it to cottage cheese. Heinz, and it has to be Heinz, use to make a low cal one but I haven't seen it in years. I try to find their low sodium one, but that'**** and miss.

My dear Italian parents are shaking their heads with half smiles as they look down at me...thinking...she truly is half Canadian

Sunny123
on 1/20/14 1:08 am
RNY on 12/05/13

I put Mrs Dash in my cottage cheese kiss

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active