Calcium citrate

dragongirl_76
on 1/18/14 11:17 am

How much are we supposed to have daily?

dragongirl_76
on 1/20/14 3:54 am

so i went to rexall and saw no such thing. be careful because some chewables are a mix of diff forms of calcium (caltrate, phosphate, elemental).

i asked the pharm and he said that caltrate would cause me to be very gassy and probably why its not recommended for bariatric patients, but he was unaware of any chewable citrate.

i dont have one of those stores near me so i guess its gonna be an amazon order!

Mary A.
on 1/20/14 11:47 pm

I use capsules and they slide down quite nicely, just toss them to the back of my throat and gone,..never have gotten stuck not in the almost 5 years I have been taking them

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Amymay2
on 2/1/14 10:16 pm

I just went to my check up,  she gave me a new list as I told her I am finding it had to take calcium citrate 3 times per day as the pills are to big and the liquid is gross, she said we got a new one added on the list and if your pharmacy does have it just ask your pharmacist to order My pharmacy is shoppers and they ordered I but they sometimes have in store behind the counter the name is Jamp Pharma calcium catrate chewables with vitamin D. I live in ontario so they do have them or can get them for you!

Most Active