Surgery Postponed

TurnThePage
on 1/16/14 2:18 am

While that must be incredibly frustrating, on the plus side you have another couple of months to work on making better food choices and exercising more. That will make the adjustment process much easier during the months immediately after surgery. It is hard to adapt to all those changes when your hormones are raging and your energy level is low. Take good care of yourself!

LilyBugsMommy
on 1/16/14 4:57 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

You are the 2nd person that I have seen post like this (different hospital for the other person)....hopefully, not too many people are affected by the annual budget problem!

Good luck!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

providence
on 1/16/14 5:21 am
RNY on 03/20/14

That is very disturbing. I am truly sorry to you and the other lady whose surgery was also postponed. I wish you both every success. You both have wonderful, positive attitudes. I also read of another person being postponed, so sorry this happened, can't imagine how it feels. I am awaiting a surgery date (very impatiently I might add). Good luck to you all!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/14 5:42 am - Kitchener, Canada

The fiscal year for Hospitals goes from April 1st to March 31. If they run out of funding early, they have to wait. Happens all the time in every part of the hospital. 

Sorry this happened to you but at least you got a new date right away and they didnt leave it up in the air. 

Kimmiekat
on 1/16/14 1:05 pm

My surgery for Feb 24 was postponed to Apr 15 also.  I'm at St Mikes and I was told it's due to lack of funding as well. I can totally relate to the frustration. I'm trying to stay positive too, but it feels like you've had the rug pulled out from under you. I rescheduled my vacation week I had on march break (it would have fallen during my recovery time off)I can NOT get that back now. I was all psyched up for February 24. Whats also dissappointing is the fact that others have had their surgeries scheduled AFTER mine and they're getting it BEFORE me just because it's at TWH and not one of the others. I've had a day to cry, vent and get used the the fact I have to wait....that's life. I'm still getting the surgery, just a little later is all. Still sucks :p

Referral~March 5/13 Orientation~Apr 24/13 SW~June 10/13 RN~Aug 7/13 Sleep Clinic~ Aug 16/13 Sleep Dr~ Sept 3/13 Nut Class~Oct 1/13 Dietician/2nd Sleep Clinic~Nov 1/13 Psych~Nov 8/13 2nd Sleep Dr~Dec 3/13 Surgeon~Dec 6/13 Surgery~Apr 15/14

lalalalaura13
on 1/21/14 10:08 pm - Toronto, Canada

I see exactly what you're saying - I just saw someone got a surgery date YESTERDAY for February 13th - 3 days after my original scheduled date.  How can they get the surgery date even days after the hospital tells me that mine is postponed to April 1st?  I don't understand that.

Kimmiekat
on 1/22/14 2:41 am

That's exactly my point! I don't understand in one bit either indecision

Referral~March 5/13 Orientation~Apr 24/13 SW~June 10/13 RN~Aug 7/13 Sleep Clinic~ Aug 16/13 Sleep Dr~ Sept 3/13 Nut Class~Oct 1/13 Dietician/2nd Sleep Clinic~Nov 1/13 Psych~Nov 8/13 2nd Sleep Dr~Dec 3/13 Surgeon~Dec 6/13 Surgery~Apr 15/14

Monica M.
on 1/16/14 9:30 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

That's a bummer. You probably won't have it postponed again...

Amarachi
on 1/16/14 11:47 pm - Canada

Wow, i am so sorry to all of you that had your surgeries cancelled, i cannot imagine getting a call like that  especially if you have already started opti, hopefully they will replace the packets you have used.  If they know they have funding for a certain number of surgeries you would think they would keep a tally so they don't overbook. 

I spoke with my surgeon's office and they told me they keep a record and whomever has a date is included (each Doctor has a certain allotment) but as of today no more surgeries are being scheduled until April in the new fiscal year.

Good news is you can be certain that your date in April will be covered since it is the beginning of their fiscal year.  Hugs to you all.!!

Orientation HRRH Oct 21,13 / Surgeon Nov 1,13 / SW,RD,RN, Internist Dec 3,13 / PATTS Jan 14,14 / Surgery Jan 20,14

kimber291
on 1/17/14 3:58 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I meet with my surgeon on Wednesday at HRRH. April works for me :-) 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Most Active