Surgery Postponed

lalalalaura13
on 1/16/14 12:47 am - Toronto, Canada

So talk about frustration - I've completed 3 days of Opti (meant for 4 weeks) and just got a call this morning from the surgeon's office that my surgery has been pushed back to April 1st now - something to do with the Ministry of Health and its fiscal year end that they can't do my surgery on February 10th as originally scheduled.  So now I go back to Opti on March 6.  I guess i have to look at this as "everything happens for a reason" but it's still frustrating.  You get yourself all psyched up for something and then you get this kind of a let-down.

But I can also use this time as a jumping off point - I've already lost 7 lbs and can try to lose a few more from now until Opti/Surgery. 

I just hope I don't get pushed back again. That would really suck.

beemyne7
on 1/16/14 1:03 am - Canada

That just sucks! Which hospital? I'm 4 days away from surgery and that is my fear!

Beemyne7   broken heart 

lalalalaura13
on 1/16/14 1:06 am - Toronto, Canada

St. Mike's Hospital.  Crossing my fingers for you that that won't happen for you!

beemyne7
on 1/16/14 1:24 am - Canada

Hang in their girlie, April will be here before you know it....I'll keep that seat on the bench warm for you!

Beemyne7   broken heart 

Philippa
on 1/16/14 1:28 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14

OMG!! The same think happen to me just yesterday...I was on my second day of Opti and I got the call yesterday afternoon.

My surgery was February 4th and now I reschedule  for April 2nd. I was just told it was a Ministry of Health issue but no details.

I was not happy at all but now taking it in stride. My hospital is Toronto East General. I start opti again March 13. They wanted me

to keep my pre-op date which would be tomorrow but I called this morning and ask to change it due to the rescheduling, it's now March 7.

Your so right... you get yourself all psyched up and ready then the bomb drops. Well we just have to keep on doing what were

doing like you said and continue to loose a few before surgery.

Good luck to you.

Hanneli xoxo
on 1/16/14 4:54 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

My co worker just got his postponed as well (he is at Humber River) .. he has been on Optifast since Jan 1.

kimber291
on 1/16/14 5:53 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Wow that's two weeks of Optifast, do they replace it since they are the ones that postponed? I would hope so. 

Did if he get another date?

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Hanneli xoxo
on 1/17/14 4:19 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

no new date yet and no one covers the optifast... he will have to buy more.... or they may allow him to do the protein sparing diet

Mary A.
on 1/16/14 1:47 am
On January 16, 2014 at 8:47 AM Pacific Time, lalalalaura13 wrote:

So talk about frustration - I've completed 3 days of Opti (meant for 4 weeks) and just got a call this morning from the surgeon's office that my surgery has been pushed back to April 1st now - something to do with the Ministry of Health and its fiscal year end that they can't do my surgery on February 10th as originally scheduled.  So now I go back to Opti on March 6.  I guess i have to look at this as "everything happens for a reason" but it's still frustrating.  You get yourself all psyched up for something and then you get this kind of a let-down.

But I can also use this time as a jumping off point - I've already lost 7 lbs and can try to lose a few more from now until Opti/Surgery. 

I just hope I don't get pushed back again. That would really suck.

sound slike you have a VERY positive outlook despite your slight obstacle..and YES by all means...it gives you a bit of time to make some minor adjustments to routine, eating habits etc. I know exactly where you are..

.I had an iv in my arm for 3 hours last year waiting for a gynecological operaiton only to be told (sorry can't do it today) we have run out of operating time...luckily I waited only another 4 weeks.

live with a positive attitude and it will all work out~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/14 1:49 am

that totally sucks.  but trust me -- april is truly just around the corner!!!  :)  all the best!  ;)

Most Active