Nervous and Anxious

INSIDEOUT2014
on 1/15/14 9:16 pm

Wow - I can't believe I'm here....remember when we were kids ..in line ...getting ready to ride our first rollercoaster at Wonderland?....watching...EVERYTHING...listening to EVERYTHING..absorbing EVERYTHING...nervous...anxious...excited...and secretly wanting to pee our pants? That's how I feel.

I've been reading here for almost a year - and now - tomorrow I meet the surgeon at HRRH for the first time.  I feel like I am standing right at the front of the line to step onto the rollercoaster...that moment were you say to yourself....no backing out now...take a step ..sit down...and enjoy the ride as I've seen so many of you say. 

BUT I AM READY TO PEE MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT AND SO SCARED AT THE SAME TIME!!

I feel lucky in some ways - I made my final decision to pursue what I have dreamed about for the last couple of years after watching 2 very close family/friends go through RNY in January 2013 and the other in April 2013 ( one male (TWH) and one female (Guelph)- best of both worlds to ask questions haha) and they have been very successful.

Now it's my turn - and I am not feeling so brave.

Any words of advise for anyone going through HRRH? Tomorrow is my first meet the surgeon appointment - and they schedules me immediately afterward for my blood work..... What should I expect tomorrow?

You are all my heroes on here - such a huge decision in our lives - but so proud that we are taking control of ourselves for a better life.

( phewwwfff didn't know what I was going to type for a first post..but I guess I just let my fingers ramble on for a moment there - thanks for reading)

Referral Aug27 013   Confirmed Oct 12 2013  Orientation Jan6 2014 (HRRH)  1st Surgeon Appt Jan18 2014 + BloodWork  SW/RN/RD Feb14 2013 Dr Glazier Mar6 2014 Surgery June 27 2014

Katie M.
on 1/15/14 11:00 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

I didn't go through HRRH so no advice there, but just wanted to say good luck and that you can be your own hero - you are making the decision too! Excitement and nervous feelings are to be expected, but definitely enjoy the ride ;) I'm sure this will be the best decision of your life. Good luck at your surgeon appointment! 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Gabygee
on 1/15/14 11:00 pm - Canada

First of all - BREATHE ....

This is just a paperwork meeting. They are slotting you into their very busy schedule, and ticking things off their list for you to get done.

There is no need to be nervous for this visit, they're just ticking boxes to ensure that you fit in the programme and that nothing gets missed.

The bloodtaking is frustrating, as the PATTS office is crowded with folks waiting for various different interventions. Patience is what you need to pack for tomorrow.

Pay close attention to what the surgeon says, their time is extremely limited and every word is important.

Northernlightsmom
on 1/15/14 11:44 pm - Canada

Well...I also am preop and through a different hospital. But.....Good luck and congrats on all the good you have ahead of you.

Take Care,

Tara

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Sunny123
on 1/15/14 11:46 pm, edited 1/15/14 11:49 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Had my surgery in Ottawa. 

Just broke a stall and am now over 40 lbs down. This was the best thing I have ever done for myself. 

Do it, you won't regret it!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

INSIDEOUT2014
on 1/16/14 12:50 am

Hi and Thank you for the Replies

KatieM - Congrats on your success and for the encouraging words!

Gabygee - All GREAT Advice - and I definitely will remind myself all day tomorrow to BREATH - and thank you for the heads up for the blood work crowding. I have a notebook and my mom ( a nurse herself at a large hospital in Toronto) ready for back up notes -- never too old to have our moms by our sides ( Just turned 40 but she insists she is coming with me haha)

Northlightsmom - Exciting isn't it?? Good luck on this Journey!!

Sunny123 - Congrats on breaking your stall and continuing the downward slide!

One Quick Question - do they expect me to have lost weight before this meeting? I have heard different scenarios.

Thanks Again for the Warm Welcome and the Great Encouragement - I am definitely excited ( though nervous) to be traversing this path in my life - I know 110% this is one of the biggest and BEST decisions I am making for my health and my life going forward.

I need this tool.

Have a TERRIFIC day Everyone,

InsideOut

Referral Aug27 013   Confirmed Oct 12 2013  Orientation Jan6 2014 (HRRH)  1st Surgeon Appt Jan18 2014 + BloodWork  SW/RN/RD Feb14 2013 Dr Glazier Mar6 2014 Surgery June 27 2014

sellarsgal
on 1/16/14 2:58 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hi who is your surgeon?, I am seeing Dr Sohi tomorrow at 1 15 for  my first cosultation I am excited!

INSIDEOUT2014
on 1/16/14 3:51 am

Hiya Sellarsgal

Meeeeee too - Dr Sohi at 12pm - They just called actually - made my heart jump when I saw the Hospital name on my phone....thought oh-oh what's wrong  - but they were just confirming my appointment ( wouldn't miss it for the world) and triple-checked my appointment for blood work afterwards...she said it would be either before or after....but to come to the clinic first...so we might bump into each other :)

I'm pretty partial to pink - can't miss my coat haha

sellarsgal
on 1/16/14 5:05 am - Oshawa, Canada

Alright I will be there with my husband, wearing a black coat with bright blue inside the hood, I will look for you, and your pink coat! lol They called me today but their number shows private name and number, ?? They called me for. blood work too!!  Hope to see you tomorrow!

4-Jane
on 1/16/14 5:09 am - Canada

Welcome and I'm glad you have joined in, I went through TWH so have not any words of wisdom regarding your appointment but I loved your post. Just think one day you'll be posting again that you entered onederlad. And you'll be celebrating those lost pounds

Respectfully Jane
Most Active