I'm devastated!!

Philippa
on 1/15/14 2:11 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14

2nd day on Opti and doing wonderfully until 12:45 pm. I got a call from my surgeon office...my surgery for Feb 4th has been postponed to April 2nd.  I posted yesterday about how great my first day on Opti was and I want to thank you all for your wonderful reply comments. Tears fell when I got the news because mentally I took the time to prepare and emotionally be ready for this, now I feel like I have to find my way back there in 2 1/2 months. I spoke to my husband who is amongst others is my rock, he says everything happens for a reason, this is just not my time. It will take a little while but I'll get there.

Curious.George
on 1/15/14 2:26 am - Canada

Your husband is a wise man!  I'm sure there is a reason for it (God or your "higher power") has more in mind for you.  Maybe just try to take one day at a time now and before you know it, it will be April.  Hang in there. Keep the faith. You have the whole "rest of your life" ahead of you!

Hugs,

Marj

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

Onward and
Downward

on 1/15/14 2:39 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Oh no!  I'm so sorry - that really sucks.

I know this doesn't help now, but two months out of the rest of your life is going to go by pretty quickly...and then you'll have the rest of your life to love your WLS and rock it good. :)  Every day that you're waiting between now and surgery, just tell yourself, "This time next year, things are going to be very different." Because they will!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Sassy75
on 1/15/14 2:45 am - North York, Canada

I agree with your husband, everything for a reason. Don't worry, 2 months will fly by :)

Catw
on 1/15/14 2:47 am - Arnprior, Canada

Sorry to hear about the delay, but it is just that, a delay.  April will be here very quick, and you'll be that much more ready for this.  Just think, April has much better driving weather than February.  May not mean much getting to surgery, but you'll appreciate it on the way home ;o)  Trust me on that one!  Besides, Spring is a sign of new life, and it will be a new life for you this spring!

Cathy

alysan
on 1/15/14 3:23 am - Canada

First off Big Hugz but.....

it will still happen and you will do amazing!!!!

Referral: Feb. 14, 2013; Orientation: May 16, 2013: 1st RN/NUT/SW appt: May 28, 2013; 2nd RN/NUT/SW appt: July 31, 2013; Dr. Agarwal (internist): Aug. 6, 2013; Post Op Class: Nov. 25 2013; Dr. Reed: Dec. 17, 2013; Surgery: February 13,2014

Amarachi
on 1/15/14 3:38 am - Canada

Philippa,

I am so sorry to hear that they cancelled your surgery, i can't even imagine the way you feel.  You have an amazing husband and he is right everything happens for a reason.  You did great on your first day of Opti and will do just as great in April. We are all here to support you and look forward to your surgery in April.  Big HUGS

Orientation HRRH Oct 21,13 / Surgeon Nov 1,13 / SW,RD,RN, Internist Dec 3,13 / PATTS Jan 14,14 / Surgery Jan 20,14

Cottagenanny
on 1/15/14 3:45 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Remember this is just a delay, don't ruin all your great efforts with negative thoughts.  Continue doing what you were before the optifast and good luck.  We will all get there, it just takes time.

Orientation March 13, 2013 / Social Worker June 11 / Nurse Practitioner July 10 / Nutrition class, Blood, ECG Aug. 20 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Penner Sept. 20 / CT Scan Oct. 10 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Urbach Oct. 18 / Psychologist Oct. 30 / Nutritionist Oct. 30 / Dr. Urbach Dec. 13 / PAATS Jan. 24 / Surgery February 3, 2014    

Patm
on 1/15/14 5:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Wow that is aweful. Mourn this then try to move on. You have a great attitude and I just know you will do great when this does happen for you.

merry1
on 1/15/14 6:00 am - Canada

That's so disappointing!  So sorry to hear that news and surprising that they pushed it forward so far too.  It is true though - it just isnt your time for this and everything will work out in the end!  Hang in there!!

Most Active