Sleep Consult and Some Surprising Good News

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/14 8:04 pm - Canada

Saw the respiratory physician yesterday and will be going for my sleep study this Thursday.  But the best news of all is she told me I had been misdiagnosed with COPD!  The written report to my family doctor was a bit ambiguous, but she brought up my actual test on the computer and explained it to me in detail.  That said, I probably have adult onset asthma and some constricting of my airways (causing my chronic bronchitis) but I'll take it!  I have to have further asthma/allergy testing, but this lady knows her stuff as it is her area of expertise.  Was really happy she got me in so quick for the sleep test too.  I don't know if down the road I may have RNY instead of the sleeve because I wont be taking steroids anymore, but time will tell...I feel like the ball is rolling again and just so elated that my 2011 diagnosis of COPD was wrong :)

Patm
on 1/13/14 8:30 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That is great news. Being able to come off the steroids is a big thing. Having to have the sleep test turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  Good luck with the rest of your testing

roxytrim
on 1/13/14 8:37 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Very good news Trace.  I've just read "your story" you sound like you have a good handle on your food relationships and you are going to rock the surgery tool.  Here's hoping you have a swift journey to a healthier life.

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/14 8:57 pm - Canada

Thanks Pat and Roxy!  I guess I need to revise "my story" now as my diagnosis is a misdiagnosis :)

Zizzler
on 1/14/14 6:52 am

Great news!  Bye bye COPD!

Most Active