Day 2 of Optifast

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/14 7:27 am

I dont mind drinking these shakes at all I am not hungry, having a hard time drinking all the water I need to but trying my best. Went to see Dr. Agarwal today in Guelph, did not like him at all. But I had to see him so that is done. 
Also have a head ache that wont seem to leave.

new_me180
on 1/15/14 7:46 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

What was wrong with him? I had both Reed and Argawal and I found them to be quit pleasant. The latter more friendly. Both are good at what they do so, at least you will be in good hands.

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/14 7:52 am

I just didnt click with him, I found him very pushy and unpleasant... also I never said anything about Dr. Reed, I dont have him as a surgeon.

Philippa
on 1/15/14 9:48 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14

Good stuff, it's so much easier when you like the shakes. We started Opti on the same day but got news this afternoon my surgery has been postponed till April 2...sucks and was disappointed but it'll be ok. I was getting headaches too I found Advil or Tylenol worked wonders. I drank water but you can include tea,coffee and broth as your 6-8 liquids as well. 

Good luck to you

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/14 10:14 am

Oh I am so sorry, why did they postpone you? That is just not right. Get your hopes up and all excited then take it away. Email me if you need to talk HUGE HUGS!!!

Philippa
on 1/15/14 12:54 pm - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 04/02/14

Thanks for the HUGS...they said it was a Ministry on Heath issue and they are postponing certain types of surgeries from now until the end of March. My husband seems to think it has something to do with the H1N1 flue. My hospital is TEGH in Scarborough. I was truly devastated when I got the call, all my I's were doted and T's were all crossed, I was mentally prepared and never even though this may happen not so close. Well every thing happens for a reason and it just not my turn yet...but it's coming so in the mean time I can pick your brain and follow your successful journey. I'm routing for you!

Anastasia_Marie
on 1/16/14 1:50 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 11/20/13

basically each hospital is allotted x amount of certain types of surgeries. I know some of the hospitals were pushing to get approval for more. However when the MOH declined it everyone who was booked gets pushed back to when the new fiscal year starts April 1.

Robyn R.
on 1/15/14 9:55 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Oh dear, i hear you on the headache, mine lasted 4 days and nothing touched it  It is wheat DT's

I will never eat wheat again after my surgery

All the best, keep your eye on the prize

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Most Active