Suggested items to buy in U.S. Grocery Store

Zavz
on 1/15/14 6:51 am - Canada

Hello Everyone,

I will be going shopping in the States soon and I wondered if anyone had suggestions of products that are good for wls at u.s. grocery stores?

Monica9811
on 1/15/14 8:16 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I can't really help on that front but their vitamins are cheaper there and I find more variety especially in the calcium citrate pills!

4-Jane
on 1/15/14 8:58 pm - Canada
I copied this and reported and holy **** i think i got it right my computer skills are poor to say the least ie I got a fit bit 8 months ago and do not know how to work it but by gully this copy thing worked........   On August 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM Pacific Time, newpossibilities wrote: Here is a list I copied down a while back. I am pre-op and haven't used this for shopping. I just thought it might be handy to know about some items that might be avaiable post surgery.    ocean spray singles four seasons Italian dressing mix (like east side marios dressing!) kraft cheese slices - pepper jack especially russel stover toffee squares sugar free - big bags! Sargento cheese sticks (like cheese strings but REAL cheese) dried edamame ( cheapest at costco) fuze slenderize or sobe ligh****er naked nuggets sugar free Hershey syrup sugar free log cabin syrup sugar free drink mix (margarita is GREAT) high protein/low carb tortillas dreamfields pasta (gotta go to a good grocery store for this) anything from trader joes heinz fat free gravy Sugar Free Pudding Sugar Free oreos Yoplait Fat Free key lime pie yogurt Arnolds Sandwich thins -whole wheat- 5 grams of protein, 100 calories Crystal Light SF Quik chocolate  
 Respectfully Jane
beemyne7
on 1/16/14 1:00 am - Canada

Benifiber, apparently it;s not sold here in Canada anymore....

Beemyne7   broken heart 

Mary A.
on 1/16/14 10:58 pm

NOTHING....LOL

seriously don't go overboard buying sugar free jam, pancake syrup, barbecue sauce, because you really don't need it.  I went and bought all that sugar free stuff in the beginning and threw almost all of it out..the SF barbecue sauce, made the burgers fall apart and then I realized if I am using two tablespoons of regular barbecue sauce and I am making 4-5 burgers, the sugar content of those tablespoons is divided by 5 burgers

As far as vitamins remember the USA has different approval process for their vitamins, so stick with those available in Canada, at least you know if there is a recall or tampering with something you will be aware far quicker than something you purchase in the USA  which sets my mind at ease, remember just because it's cheaper...maybe there is a reason for it..made somewhere other than USA??? (not saying that it is..but maybe)

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/prodnatur/faq/question_general-eng.php#a1

..the ONLY thing I buy when going to the USA are protein bars..because I can buy them at Sams Wholesale club and I can buy 24 (Zone Perfect) bars for $18.00...here local the cheapest I can get those specific ones are $2.49/each

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active