an update abo ut me

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/14 12:44 am - Canada

So i thought i would update myself since i haven't been on here in awhile. The good stuff first. I have lost a total of 215 pounds from my highest weight of 430 pounds. My bmi was 65.38 and now it is 32.69. Good stuff but i don't really go by bmi scale. I find it flawed as we all have different body types. Now for the bad stuff. On november 1st i woke up with extreme pain and needed to go to the hospital by ambulance. The had to do an emergency surgery and found i had a perferated bowel just below my pouch. They patched that up and 7 days later i was released. I then had to return 5 days later due to an infection at the incision site. That got fixed up and i was released 4 days later. Since then i have been doing good. Taking my protein to heal, just started back at my exercising again. I had to wait to get approval from the surgeon for the exercising. I have nurses coming in to see me to put gauze on my wounds but they should be totally healed up in 3 weeks they tell me. I am now on pills to control my acid build up in my stomach. They think it was all caused by acid build up fom my stomach since before my rny surgery i had acid reflux.  I look forward to taking a normal shower again  haha. This was all pretty bad but i look at it this way, it was nothing but a speed bump in my road to recovery. Anyway that is where i am right now.  I hope everyone else here is doing great in their road to recovery. To all the pre-ops dont wory your day is coming. The wait is the worst part but believe me it is well worth it     

kimber291
on 1/13/14 12:56 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Wow you have been through quite an ordeal but atleast your staying positive through it all and that is great to hear! Congrats on your weight loss that is amazing! 

I am a newer member here and still pre op. I have been through all the appts and given the GO by them all, I meet with my surgeon next week and will hopefully get a date. 

Thank you for sharing your story and I wish for a speedy recovery for you :-)

Kim

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

LittleMiss2013
on 1/13/14 1:11 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Agh what a ride Glad to hear you're on the road to feeling better though. Here's to hoping it's a smooth ride ahead kiss

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Patm
on 1/13/14 1:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Nice to hear from you again. So glad your weight loss is going so well. Hope you heal soon from your latest surgery. You seem to still have a great attitude

Monica9811
on 1/13/14 3:51 am - Peterborough, Canada

Great weight loss Kingston guy!!  Sorry to hear that you had issues with your bowel and then an infection.  Hopefully that clears up quickly and you can continue on your journey.  Keep up the amazing work!

Laurie C.
on 1/13/14 4:09 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

A perforated bowel would certainly be awful and wound infection to follow is a real bummer.  Glad you're feeling better, stay on those acid reducers and

enjoy the rest of the ride.  I was wondering why you hadn't been posting.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Hennagirliegirl
on 1/13/14 6:00 am - Canada

Holy-moly, that's quite a rough road you've been on. Glad to hear you are home and healing.

Terri

Test

KarenHope
on 1/13/14 9:17 am
RNY on 04/15/13

Good to hear an update. Good to hear you are on the mend again. Awesome job on the weighloss. 

Take care,

Karen

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

Most Active