6 months after surgery

meighanfish
on 1/11/14 10:51 pm

I had my surgery 6 months ago and I am so happy that I did.  I have not really had any major compllications and I feel like a new person.  I am a couple pounds short of losing 130 pounds since the start of Optifast (100 since surgery).  I am able to do so much more than I did before and feel like I have taken my life back.  I try to remember daily how life was a struggle before so that I can keep myself focused.  I have a long way to go still but I feel like it is possible.  I am looking forward to the many things I will be able to enjoy with my family.  I wish everyone who is waiting for surgery or who just had it all the best with it.  

TanyaLH
on 1/11/14 11:20 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Congrats!!!

It's a wonderful feeling when you can back your life!

muknanav
on 1/11/14 11:35 pm - Erin, Canada

Way to go!

I'll be at the 6 month mark on Friday and I too have almost lost 100 pounds since surgery, 150 overall. Feels fabulous. Also, no complications, can tolerate most anything as long as I follow the plan. I have yet to test it with too much sugar or fat but I don't want to. I've been given a 2nd chance at this and I want to use this tool to continue to improve my life. 

If you're a pre-op and worried about having the surgery; research like crazy, meet people who have had it done, and then if you feel it is for you, take the leap. It's so very worth it.

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

deemags
on 1/12/14 11:44 am - maple, Canada

I am having my surgery jan 20th I am so worried as i guess I am getting cold feet . I really want this as you got your 2nd chance I want that for me .

thank you for your posting as that is what I needed to read tonight .

My surgery date is January 20th at TWH  Dr Penner -

Caroline K.
on 1/12/14 12:00 am

Congratulations!

merry1
on 1/12/14 7:54 am - Canada

Congratulations! You are soooo inspiring.  Please keep us up to date on your journey!!

Zizzler
on 1/12/14 11:46 am

Congratulations!  I love these updates as it helps me get through the rollercoaster ride that pre-ops must take.  Keep up the good work ! :0)

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active