Follow up from ultra sound and sleep study...

kimber291
on 1/10/14 4:03 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

No sleep apnea here, he says my results were outstanding and no concerns at all!! Whoop whoop!! Another obstacle out of the way. 

So I meet with Dr Klein in a week and a half and will hopefully get a date!!  

I am feeling very fortunate that my journey has gone by rather quickly, in the beginning I was so excited by all this and don't get me wrong, I still am. I just find that the more time passes the nervousness is starting to set in. I have had other surgeries in the past (only put out for 3 of them) and I never had the fear of not waking up, but for some reason this time I do.

With all that being said I am still really excited about having the procedure done. It will be nice to have less or no pain from the weight. 

Has anyone here had gallstones going into the surgery? If so did they take out your gallbladder? I just found out Monday that I have them. Hoping he takes it, seems to make sense that he does :-)

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Amarachi
on 1/10/14 6:18 am - Canada

Congrats!! That is great news.  When you go see Dr. Klein ask him if you can have the gallbladder out at the same time since you have stones. If you are not experiencing problems with pain he may not but it does not hurt to ask.  Good luck and i hope you get your date soon :)

Orientation HRRH Oct 21,13 / Surgeon Nov 1,13 / SW,RD,RN, Internist Dec 3,13 / PATTS Jan 14,14 / Surgery Jan 20,14

kimber291
on 1/10/14 9:03 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Thank you so much for the response. I will mention it and see what he says. I have only had 4 attacks they just started like 10 months ago . But the last two (three weeks ago) were within a week of one another, that was when I went to see the doctor and he sent me for the ultrasound/x-ray. 

Thank you, Kim. 

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Most Active