What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

birdiegirl
on 1/5/14 6:15 pm, edited 1/5/14 6:17 pm

RNY  4 Years 9 Months Post Op

Morning

I have an early morning meeting - followed by beginning the drive south...weather permitting.....not really sure of my eats today so I am inputting as if we are in the car and driving this afternoon......assuming we leave....I will be off line for a few days so please begin this thread if so inclined

STEPS - 7600

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1/2 tuna sandwich

D - Panera bread bagel with a bit of cream cheese

S - cheese and crackers

Bumble bee tuna kit....taking a few of them in the cooler

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,515,  Carbs - 182 grams,  Fat - 50 grams,  Protein - 97 grams

All water.....vits

Have a great one   mail

Patm
on 1/5/14 8:12 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope the weather cooperates with you for driving. Temperatures are dropping again and just saw there is a flash freeze warning. Safe driving.

Ended up going for a walk yesterday so got in 8961 steps. Which is good because i definitely over ate. Back to work today so this will help regulate my eating I hope.

b silhouette yogurt, granola, raspberries

s. baby bel

l turkey soup, apple

s pure protein bar

d chicken, salsa, broccoli,

s laughing cow, cracker

cal 1049, carb 115, pro 85

Leanne1
on 1/5/14 9:49 pm, edited 1/6/14 3:34 am - Newmarket, Canada

Good morning!! 

3.5yrs post-op

Be safe out there today!! It's going to get bad out there.

Had an awesome weekend!! I found a china hutch at the ReStore for $25!!! We also bought another fridge; the one we had was a side by side and we hated it. I wanted to go tubing, I like to go at least once per year. We went to snow valley but the wait was waaaayyyyy to long! So, we went home and cleaned up the fridge and hutch and then we ended up at Lakeridge ski resort and I got my tubing in! :D Yesterday was day 1 of 8 in a row at work. There was so many people NOT coming in for the afternoon that 2 of us got to stay for OT. It was a loooong 16hr work day and it was BUSY! I worked in the ICU thru the day and then switched to Emerge for the afternoon shift.

I was to clean a house today but I have a 3-4ft snow bank at the end of my driveway and it is going to take me a while to shovel it.

Some people were going to start the 5dpt test today, I haven't seen anything about it yet. I am doing a lower carb meal plan instead! While I make my breakie, I will make some high protein pudding and some jello. I will do my meal planning for the week today. I will likely weigh and measure things out for this week. I am wanting to lose a few lbs before my PS next Monday.

B- 2 eggs and 30g cheese

S- high protein pudding

L- Elina's Southwestern Red Chicken Soup, source yoguart

S- protein shake made with milk , splenda, cocoa

D- 3-4oz chicken! I am going to dip it in BBQ sauce then put it in shake n bake and bake it, 2tbsp peas and corn

S- nuts, stick of celery, tiny tangerine

MORE water and a coffee and tea for today. All vitamins in

Have a great day everyone! kiss

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

kellybelly333
on 1/6/14 1:46 am - Toronto, Canada

I thought about doing the 5dpt, but remembered fondly how miserable I was LOL. I just need to get back to exercise and forget about the holiday 7 pounds I put on. I'm down one already.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Leanne1
on 1/6/14 1:49 am - Newmarket, Canada

WOOT! kiss

I'm really not doing the 5dpt. Just a lower carb meal plan ;) I find it better to do that and I can eat. LOL

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

kellybelly333
on 1/6/14 2:14 am - Toronto, Canada

Me too. I'm curious to see how long it will take to get the other pounds off. Not sure I want them all off actually. I like my face and boobs at this weight....but my stomach....blech.  

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

PepperBB
on 1/5/14 10:27 pm - Canada

Good Morning All,

10 Weeks out today! Maintenance Plan here I come!....Help LOL

Okay question first, I posted this last night and did not get a response, but at this time, I am still working on 1/2 cup portion for meal sizes. In saying that, I was thinking of doing a soup/salad combo for lunch today, but have you seen what 1/4 cup of salad looks like? LOL

Do you have any idea what my portions should look like 10 weeks out? We are so stuck to soups and purees for so long that using the measuring cup is a lot easier than figuring out a meal with more than one item.

Anyhout, so here is my day: (this is me going with out my 2nd shake)

B - Protein Shake/small coffee with skim milk

S - Pomegranate/Raspberry Greek yogurt

L - 1/2 cup clam chowder

S - 1/2 cup Asian style salad

D - 1/2 salmon fillet, 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes/2 table spoons of cut green beans

S - Greek Yogurt

My fitness Pal -

Total Cal - 779

Fat - 18g

Carbs - 76

Protein - 72g

Thanks all!

Katie

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Leanne1
on 1/6/14 12:08 am - Newmarket, Canada

For the most part, I think your menu looks great!! 

I would add some bran buds or other all bran cereal to your greek yoguart. I probably would change the second yoguart and have something else. Which kind of greek yoguart is it?? 

some suggestions..

- ham (I get mine from the deli) and cheese roll ups (add a pickle for some crunch)

- cottage cheese (this is good for anytime of the day, B,S,L, D) you could add fruit to it

- a single portion (measured if it's easier) variety platter... cheese, pepperette(or 2) or other meats, fruit (this would also be good for lunch)

- pudding, I like to add a scoop of protein powder

If I have salad, I can usually eat 1cup to 2cups, depending on what kind of salad it is. When I make salad at home, I loove lots of protein in it. My hubby even likes it and he's not much of a salad eater

lettuce, an egg, diced ham or chicken, shredded cheese, ranch dressing

Everyone on here ALWAYS have great suggestions and different ideas to try!! 

Good luck with the maintenance phase, it's a good learning experience and fun to experiment with new foods :)

PepperBB
on 1/6/14 2:33 am - Canada

Thanks for the ideas! I really appreciate the help.

I seem to be okay for protein, but I like the "extra ideas" your putting down.

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Patm
on 1/6/14 12:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Lettuce breaks down a lot. So a one cup salad will not be very filling.

Most Active