What are you eating/doing today (Sunday)

Onward and
Downward

on 1/4/14 11:42 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb and everyone.  Barb, I always find it kind of exciting to pack for a well-anticipated trip. :)  Enjoy your time down south.

Unfortunately for me, today is my last day of vacation before going back to work tomorrow. :(  Not looking forward to getting back to work stress, but I am looking forward to seeing how I do with my routine.  I have some new year's resolutions that I'm looking forward to incorporating into my routine.  Such as swimming in the mornings every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, making time to cook decent dinners at night, and I'm also going to try really hard to balance work and family life, especially since I'm not staying in this job - I'm not going to kill myself over this job anymore.  I'm also looking forward to Kelly's challenge!  I'm hoping it will inspire me to get out walking a lot more.

So, today I'm going to try and figure out what dinners are going to be for the week, and go out and get whatever I need to get in order to make those suppers.  Another resolution is to try not to spend money on stuff I don't need.  So, no more clothes buying since I have lots of clothes that fit me fine now (and some that are too small as well in case I lose weight), no more impulse buys, library books instead of buying books, etc., especially since I'm going to have to get used to my usual, lower income in the next two or three months.  Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to it, even the income drop. Money can't buy happiness, and I'm looking forward to a life with less frivolous spending in it.

Also, yesterday I stuck to my plan not too badly, although I did make a couple of substitutions. And I got back out of the 180's again - lost a pound and now am 179.  Hopefully the downward trend will continue.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - Glass of skim milk

S - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup mixed raspberries and blackberries

L - Leftover jerk chicken breast, and Caesar salad on the side

S - 1/4 cup of chicken spread on 7 soda crackers

D - Spaghetti and meatballs (more sauce and meatballs for me, pasta part is for the rest of the family, but I'll probably have a 1/4 cup of pasta)

S - Handful of nuts in the shell and a couple of clementines

TOTALS: 102g protien, 60g fat, 89 carbs, 13g fiber, 1,334 calories

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Nerak
on 1/5/14 1:34 am - Canada

Went for a walk to the grocery store and back in about 3 inches of snow (so that was quite a workout)! Plan another walk this evening. 

B - Yogourt

L-lamb chop with chow chow , piece of home made banana bread (with coconut and nuts). (just a small piece). 

S- Pistachio nuts

D- Yellow split pea soup and ham. 

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Julia P.
on 1/5/14 2:10 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Good morning, everyone,

Barb, I'm jealous of your vacation - will be so nice to get out of the cold for a bit!  We're planning a trip away in early April, and it can't come soon enough!

I ran 10KM on the treadmill this morning at the gym.  The rest of the day is busy with kids' activities and getting ready for everyone to go back to the regular school/work routine. 

Here's my eating plan for today:

B - Protein bar, protein shake with banana and SF syrup

L  - Back bacon and egg, SF pudding with 1 tbsp PB

S - Carrots and hummus

D - Turkey roll-ups, spinach salad

S - Cottage cheese with cinnamon and splenda warmed up (Karen, you were the one who suggested it to me way back when and I still love it!), SF jello

Totals - 1378 calories, 102g carbs, 51g fat, 125g protein

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

Most Active