No Patts appt before surgery...

suzycuetoronto
on 1/4/14 10:01 am
RNY on 02/03/14

Hello Everyone.

I have my surgery date and time. I met with social worker nurse dietician. Surgeon and Dr Glazer I had a E.C.G and blood pressure done. I am on the second day of optifast  :( I also had my blood work done the day I met the team. Am I missing something here? I am having my surgery done at hrrh. I have no instructions for the day of except for what Dr Starr receptionist told me not to eat after 12.

reenie33
on 1/4/14 10:27 am

I went through HRRH and I would think that just because you have a different doctor the rules are the same. Call then first thing monday morning, they will schedule you in right away. Call the nurse/nut line.  You have to get more blood work/ecg, weight, b/p and talk with the anestieoligist . You wont have your surgery unless all the steps are completed. It would be a crying shame to be turned away right at the surgical door just because someone overlooked your PATTS it is not an option, it is imperative .

suzycuetoronto
on 1/4/14 10:31 am
RNY on 02/03/14

OMG

Thank you so much for your response. Will do asap. 

jolemalamb
on 1/4/14 11:27 pm - Sutton West, Canada

Yep, you definitely need your PATTS appt. Mine was booked when I saw the surgeon for my surgery date. It must have been overlooked.

You will sit and talk with a nurse, the anesthesiologist, get blood work done, have an ECG done, and possibly a chest x ray. I spent the whole morning there. Try to get your appt as early as possible. :)

You should get a PATTS package, listing everything you need to do before surgery, and how to prepare.

suzycuetoronto
on 1/5/14 12:48 am
RNY on 02/03/14

Thank you :)

I had a feeling something was missing.

Focal
on 1/5/14 6:11 am - Peterborough, Canada

What is PATTS?

suzycuetoronto
on 1/5/14 9:24 pm
RNY on 02/03/14

It's pre admission testing. 

I cleared everything up with my surgeons office and I have an appointment on the 16th

Thanks everyone love this site :)

Most Active