Craving Change Workshop Oct -Nov/13

Mrs_Rolo
on 1/3/14 9:30 am - Waterloo, Canada

Just curious if any of the readers in this forum attended the Craving Changes workshop with Angela Rolleman this past Oct/Nov in Kitchener.  Our last night was great when we discovered that the majority of people were going through various stages of bariatric surgery.  Unfortunately since it was the last class we weren't able to finish the conversation.

I would just be interested in hearing where everyone stands in the process - it was such a great group!

My name is Paulette and I was the person who got up in front of the class for Angela's demo.

Thanks & I hope to be hearing from some of the others!

mommy2eee
on 1/4/14 1:08 pm - Burlington, Canada

I was not at the workshop but I am curious about the workshop itself. How do you find out about these types of workshops?

thanks!  :)

Mrs_Rolo
on 1/5/14 3:12 am - Waterloo, Canada

Actually my social worker @ Guelph clinic told me about the workshop.  You can check out www.angelarolleman.com she does offer other workshops.  I'm sure your SW can recommend others.  Good luck with your journey!

bikinibound2014
on 1/6/14 1:10 am

Hi Paulette -

I was there too ... I sat at the front across from you beside Angela

I know the last day all of a sudden everybody opened up -- I wish we had a chance to all talk about it

I have finally meet the surgeon this Thursday -- I am very excited and super nervous.

When did they clear you for the post-op class? Do you have an idea when your surgery will be?

Vanessa

HW 277.0 CW 273.0 Asked for Referral February 2013; Orientation @ Guelph May 16th, 2013; First Appointments July 24th; Nutrition Class August 7th; Second Appointments (& cleared) August 29th; Post Op Class December 9th; meet surgeon January 9th; PATTS Jan 14; Opti starts January 21; Surgery February 11th!

Mrs_Rolo
on 1/6/14 2:38 am - Waterloo, Canada

Well hello Vanessa!  So happy you replied to my post.  Wow this Thursday - I can certainly see why you are excited.  Do you know who your surgeon will be?  From what I have read in other posts, this means you should be getting a surgery date?

I also can understand you being nervous - I am terrified of optifast!! Some people make it sound like a nightmare, but I guess if we want this bad enough we will get through it.

I am trying to add a message board and ticker - maybe it will work this time ...

I was cleared late Sept by Guelph and in Oct by the Internist.  I didn't hear anything from Guelph so just before Christmas I called (hate bothering people) and Audrey told me that they will be calling in January for my post op class and that I am looking at April for surgery.  I guess they will really get the ball rolling again in April as it is a new fiscal year apparently.  I am having my right knee replaced in February so this suits just fine.  By April I will be in a better place and able to start exercising which will help my weight loss too!

Please let me know how it goes on Thursday and I will be thinking of you!  Say hi to Jurka (I know not spelled correctly) for me!

Take care,

Paulette

GUELPH enlightened referral: April18/13 Orientation:  July 11/13 1st appt w/RN/Dietitian:  July 16/13  1st appt w/SW: July 23/13 Nutrition Class: July 24/13 Upper GI Sept 25/13  2nd appt w/RN/Diet/SW; Sept 27/13  {cleared} Dr. Agarwal:  Oct 11/13 Post Op Class:  Jan 20/14  PATTS: June 23/14  Surgery:  July 3/14

bikinibound2014
on 1/6/14 3:00 am

I will say hi for you!!  You should be getting a call really soon! I will definitely post about my surgery date on Thursday.  That's what I like about this site, that you can follow everyone's progress.

I know knee surgery will be tough but at least you know that after we lose all our weight recovery, exercise and getting around will be great!

HW 277.0 CW 273.0 Asked for Referral February 2013; Orientation @ Guelph May 16th, 2013; First Appointments July 24th; Nutrition Class August 7th; Second Appointments (& cleared) August 29th; Post Op Class December 9th; meet surgeon January 9th; PATTS Jan 14; Opti starts January 21; Surgery February 11th!

healthynewlife
on 1/6/14 5:31 am, edited 1/6/14 5:32 am - Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Hello there, I read your post on the weekend, I am glad that you want to stay in touch. I just received a phone call from the Guelph clinic regarding their new post op class on January 20th. I was totally freaking out on the weekend and was feeling sorry for myself that nothing is moving for me, I felt totally forgotten and stuck in time, nothing better than having my own pitty party:( Maybe you will be in the same class as me? I was cleared at the end of October. I see that Vanessa responded to your post, It's so nice for me to have someone close to talk to like Vanessa...She is a couple months ahead of me with everything & at the beginning I was 3 months ahead of her, but I had some delayes and wasted lots of time, but I am finally moving forward. Few weeks ago Sonya posted little bit of her troubles regarding the CPAP machine (I hate that thing). It was so nice to hear from you. Jarka (pronounced Yarka)
Mrs_Rolo
on 1/6/14 6:12 am - Waterloo, Canada
On January 6, 2014 at 1:31 PM Pacific Time, healthynewlife wrote:
Hello there, I read your post on the weekend, I am glad that you want to stay in touch. I just received a phone call from the Guelph clinic regarding their new post op class on January 20th. I was totally freaking out on the weekend and was feeling sorry for myself that nothing is moving for me, I felt totally forgotten and stuck in time, nothing better than having my own pitty party:( Maybe you will be in the same class as me? I was cleared at the end of October. I see that Vanessa responded to your post, It's so nice for me to have someone close to talk to like Vanessa...She is a couple months ahead of me with everything & at the beginning I was 3 months ahead of her, but I had some delayes and wasted lots of time, but I am finally moving forward. Few weeks ago Sonya posted little bit of her troubles regarding the CPAP machine (I hate that thing). It was so nice to hear from you. Jarka (pronounced Yarka)

Hello Jarka!  When you are trying to lose weight time has a way of stopping or at least slowing down. But when you think of it our workshops ended 2 months ago - where did that time go? i am glad you have Vanessa to talk to about wls, that must help alot. I couldn't get out of the driveway this morning so I didn't get to work.  Maybe Guelph tried calling me today as that is the contact number.  I will certainly let you know if we are in the same class.  I am going to see if I can find Sonya's post and say hello.  A week ago Sunday our hydro went out for 2 hours just as i was heading to bed and there was no way I could sleep without my cpap!  I wish you well - should be soon now!  Please stay in touch and who knows I may see you in the near future!

GUELPH enlightened referral: April18/13 Orientation:  July 11/13 1st appt w/RN/Dietitian:  July 16/13  1st appt w/SW: July 23/13 Nutrition Class: July 24/13 Upper GI Sept 25/13  2nd appt w/RN/Diet/SW; Sept 27/13  {cleared} Dr. Agarwal:  Oct 11/13 Post Op Class:  Jan 20/14  PATTS: June 23/14  Surgery:  July 3/14

healthynewlife
on 1/6/14 6:40 am - Guelph, Ontario, Canada
I was ready for work this morning but got stuck in the driveway and on the road so my neighbors pushed me back home. I actually called Audrey today ( I hate to bother them) regarding my file and she told me that she just gave my file to Linda to call me letting me know about the post op class on January 20th. So happy about it. We were lucky not to be without the electricity. ..I was off for almost 3 weeks for the holidays & was watching movies, just wasting time. Time flies. .. Jarka
Most Active