What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

Onward and
Downward

on 1/2/14 6:46 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning everyone!  Woke up early this morning because the heat was turned up too high and I was boiling alive.  Hubby stays up half the night and turns the heat way up because it's colder downstairs than upstairs.  Which means it's approximately the climate of Hell in our room right now.

Today: eating breakfast early and getting to the pool by just before 7:30 so I can swim laps until 8 or so. Then coming home, picking up hubby and driving him to work.  Then going out to do some grocery shopping just for some produce - never made it to the veggie market yesterday.  Also going to the LCBO to pick up wine and beer to bring with us tonight when visiting friends.  Not clear on whether we're being served supper at our friends' place or not since it wasn't mentioned, but we're invited to show up "any time after 7". So to be safe, I'm assuming not, and I'll be sure to eat something at home before going, but leave room in my menu to nibble at the friends' place.  In any case, I have to make something for my kid to eat, since I doubt he'll want to come with us.

Had a spectacularly crappy eating day yesterday despite planning out my menu.  It's frustrating not being able to get a handle on my eating.  I guess being at home with all the food isn't helping at all.  Maybe I should look forward to being back at work on Monday, but I'm actually not looking forward to it at all.  Oh well.

I packed a great lunch for my husband yesterday though.  And he liked it and ate it.  I was happy about that!  He is worried because he's been gaining weight lately, so since I'll be packing my lunches for work, I'll see whether I can start packing stuff for him too.  He'll never pack his own lunch if left up to him, because he's just as happy to buy lunch at work, but when he buys lunch out, the portion sizes are too huge.

1 YEAR POST-RNY

B - 1/2 cup light ricotta/vanilla/splenda mix with 1/2 cup mixed raspberries and blackberries

S - 2 clementines, and a handful of mixed nuts in the shell (so I have to crack them to get at them...)

L - Leftover peel and eat chili shrimp and leftover spicy tofu (never did have that yesterday)

S - Another round of light ricotta with raspberries and blackberries. It's comfort food so hoping that will kill the cravings for crap.

D - Boneless/skinless chicken prepared with jerk sauce, and less than 1/4 cup of basmati rice, and some garden salad.

S - 2 glasses of red wine at our friends' place

TOTALS: 97g protein, 39g fat, 53g carbs, 13g fiber, 1209 calories

So, there's room for me to have 200-300 calories at our friends' place if they are serving any sort of meal.  And a decent amount of room in my carbs and fat in case the food isn't overly healthy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

libra1
on 1/2/14 9:29 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good morning everyone.                                                                                                                

Going in to TWH for my 3 month blood tests—this time I checked and it’s opened. After I have some breakfast, I am joining a gym.  I finally found one that I like.                      

Have a wonderful weekend!

B-1 boiled egg  

L- 1% LF cottage cheese and ketchup

S- Pure Pro 35 protein shake

D- Minced turkey and diced tomatoes

Cal-577, Carbs-20, Fat-14, Protein-89 Sugar-14, Chol-110

Julia P.
on 1/2/14 10:21 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 1 Year 2 Months Post Op

Good morning, everyone!  Hope everyone's doing okay in these FREEZING temperatures!

I'm working from home today, so plan to do my yoga video at some point today.  My husband and I have a date night tonight - looking forward to getting out without the kids for a bit!

Here's my eating plan for today:
B - Greek yogurt with berries, all bran buds and SF syrup, protein bar

S - Pepperettes and cheese

L - Ham and spinach salad

S - Hummus and carrots

D - Salmon Meal at Boston Pizza

S - Jello, Cottage Cheese wtih Cinnamon and Splenda

Totals - 1530 calories, 108g carbs, 59g fat, 147g protein

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

BluIzGal
on 1/3/14 1:15 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

18 months post op

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - Source Greek yogurt, mozzerella cheese stick

Lunch - 100g kolbassa, 30g mozzerella

Snack - Source Greek yogurt, mozzerella cheese stick

Dinner - 8 large shrimp, 2 tbsp seafood sauce

Snack - 1/2 cup sliced beets

Totals:  695 cal, 18g fat, 28g carb (3g fibre), 19g sugar, 103g protein

Patricia

Patm
on 1/3/14 2:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Had a mixed up day today. Took the dog for a walk then went for fasting blood work. Wanted to do thsi while off work so i wouldn't have to take time off. They did not have the vile for one of the tests. So I have to go back. Fortunately it can be at any time since it is not a fasting one. Somehow I managed to over eat at lunch so will have to watch the rest of the day

s. pure protein bar

l english muffin, hummus, silhouette yogurt, cranberry cracker

d chicken, salad

Cal 1173, carb 78 prot 50 Need some more protein I guess at snack

Most Active