Before and After Pictures

Amarachi
on 12/31/13 6:20 am - Canada

So today is day 2 on Optifast, my mind is made up to do this right and i decided to take before pictures to remember where i started.

They are so bad that i am ashamed to post!  I always avoid the camera and had a healthy self esteem maybe because i was lying to myself how bad i really look.  What a wake up call, i feel like crying.

On a positive note at least i am doing something about it.  I just don't understand how i let myself get here because of the love of food, how much i hate food right now.

Orientation HRRH Oct 21,13 / Surgeon Nov 1,13 / SW,RD,RN, Internist Dec 3,13 / PATTS Jan 14,14 / Surgery Jan 20,14

Katiebear291
on 12/31/13 6:39 am - Canada
RNY on 12/10/13

You are working on you right now and that is the important part!  I took before pictures too and showed it only to my mom and asked - does my ass really look like that?!

it is really hard to look at our body objectively - honestly i don't even recognize myself in those before pictures because i am so disconnected .. haven't accepted how big i have really gotten.

New year and fresh start!  Tuck those pictures away and focus on the future - the body in those pictures are the past and you don't have to post them until you are proud of your NEW body.

Good luck!

RNY  - December 10 2013 Dr Lindsay Toronto's Saint Joseph Hospital Toronto

Amarachi
on 1/1/14 6:19 am - Canada

Thank you Katiebear, i honestly look at myself everyday in the mirror and never saw what i did in those pictures, my profile picture was the worst.  I know  i will really love them later when i have my new body later.  Thank you for the encouragement.

Needanewbeginning
on 12/31/13 7:16 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

You and I feel the same way. I have before and after photos as well, still haven't posted any! Terrible I know, but soon!! Keep taking them and know those will be the last time you ever pose in that weight again 

Annette angry

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Amarachi
on 1/1/14 6:22 am - Canada

Annette that is a very good point, i will never pose in this weight again, i am already down 5lbs and i am only on day 3 of Optifast.

Congratulations on your weight loss, soon you will be able to post the before and after since you are so close to goal :0)

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/31/13 7:42 am - Windsor, Canada

Trust me, you CANNOT have enough before pictures!    Take lots as horrible as they seem to you at the time.  You will love them later!!

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Amarachi
on 1/1/14 6:25 am - Canada

Thank You Dawn, i will do just that, they look horrible now but will be motivation to someone else later when they see my after pictures.  I plan to take some measurements too so i can compare month to month as another member suggested.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 7:44 am - Windsor, Canada

Keep your biggest pants and shirt too.  Super important when those mind games occur!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

JJ_
on 12/31/13 7:57 pm

I am two years post-op and I have my pre-op pictures and I still do not share them.  I do appreciate having them though for my own personal slide show.

Judy

Amarachi
on 1/1/14 6:35 am - Canada

Judy thank you, I may never share but at least i will know where i started.  It was a big wake up call seeing them and i had a difficult moment wondering why i have such body dysmorphia, what i see in the mirror is so different from what i captured on camera.  This is probably why i let myself get to this size.  Everytime i saw a mirror i always saw someone who is big but i thought i looked pretty good, sometimes i actually said i was too cute, but the picture told a whole different story.  A story i needed to hear and i am so glad that i am doing something positive to change it.

Orientation HRRH Oct 21,13 / Surgeon Nov 1,13 / SW,RD,RN, Internist Dec 3,13 / PATTS Jan 14,14 / Surgery Jan 20,14

Most Active