I Love This Board But....

nmcgreen
on 12/30/13 9:23 am - Canada

I wish there was a "LIKE" button!

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

Susan M.
on 12/30/13 9:55 am

Me too! Just not a facebook like button.

kristaeb
on 12/30/13 11:34 am

Great post Dawn. I have always said this surgery does not work on its own. Its a tool. Being obese will always be a struggle for me even if i am thin. It is i life style change and is not easy. It does not fix head hunger . And it will get harder as time goes on. We will have ups and downs in our daily lives just like everyone else . Its how we deal with those ups and down what will count. I have to try and make good choices. And be accountable for what i put in my body and how i treat my body. I know regular exercise is a must in my new life. I hope and pray i continue this for the rest of my life. I am not perfect and i am sure there will be days when i see that scale go up.  And when it happens i know what i have to do. And i plan on being here posting the ups and downs for many years to come so we can learn from each other, and support each other. This is i life long journey. Thanks again Dawn, you are a constant on here and i enjoy all your posts. I have learned so much for you vets and continue to do so...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

JenH1969
on 12/30/13 12:49 pm - Brighton, Ontario, Canada

Excellent post- thanks Dawn!

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

MadMax1010
on 12/30/13 9:23 pm - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

Thank you Dawn for saying it, I myself have not been on this board because it became, like someone said, about how fast can we get this surgery, not how do your live your life with this new tool that you are trying so hard to get. I am almost 11 months out, Christmas was ok, I did eat a few things but you know what this is a life style not a diet and it's ok to have a treat once in a while because if you don't you are setting yourself up for a binge or throwing in the towel completely.

Here's to a more open minded, post-op supportive board.

Happy New Year OH!

kayakgirl
on 12/30/13 10:12 pm - Canada

Great post! Thanks, Dawn!

Initial referral: March 21, 2013; Orientation: April 26, 2013 (OWMC); Nurse Practitioner: July 10, 2013; Nut/Beh: July 15, 2013; Pre-op Class: September 18, 2013; Internist: September 18, 2013; Surgeon: October 1, 2013; Surgery: November 25, 2013 (Dr. Yelle)

Patm
on 12/31/13 1:45 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Great post. I find like MadMax I do not post on a lot. When a newbie hears about regain or making the most of the first year they say they are being picked on. Instead of rrealising people are trying to help. So yes I do want to see the people with many years on here. I need their honesty and wisdom.

Pamela.S.
on 12/31/13 2:35 am - Canada

newbie, honeymooners, old timers.  This is a journey, and the more information we have going into this, the more we can be successful.

I do wonder if sometimes the goal weights are too low and unrealistic.  I'm not far enough in the process to know how the goal is set - does the doctor set it? 

We are all good at beating ourselves up over "failures" because we fear going backwards, but we need to be better at giving ourselves a pat on the back for our successes.

When I first considered this surgery, there wasn't much on the internet, so I read some books from the library that scared the crap outta me!  We do need to know the good, the bad and the ugly...........but we also need to celebrate and support each other.

I thank everyone who posts on this forum.  I learn each time I'm here.

Pam

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/31/13 3:13 am - Windsor, Canada

Thanks to EVERYONE *****sponses to this thread.  It was nice to see that there are lots of open minded people out there who understand that the journey changes significantly.  

I hope this brings about some

new conversations and people reappearing on here.   I miss the long timers

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

LilyBugsMommy
on 12/31/13 10:14 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Thank you for this post. I do find this site very supportive, but, sometimes when people post about slipping up or sliding in their plan, some members jump all over them & say things that I know would make me feel badly about myself :(

We are all in this together and although our journeys are not identical, we are traveling basically on the same path, so why not be supportive to each other. This journey is hard enough, we don't need to add extra guilt and negativity to our lives. I don't believe that any one person out there is perfect and does everything by the book 24/7. I believe we all do the best we can each day, with the tools we have available to us. And, it is hard work, everyday!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Most Active