Starting Optifast Today

Amarachi
on 12/30/13 12:15 am - Canada

Well today i started my Optifast, i was actually pretty excited to get the ball rolling.   In the days leading up to today i made my Christmas dinner and didn't have any food funerals.  I cooked all of my meals and ate the best i could.  I know that i am ready because anytime in the past i would have made a list of all the foods i will miss and make a trip to each place to order my food before my diet.  This time, i do not look at it the same way, this is not a DIET and I had NO takeout food.

I am allowed to make a soup out of the broth with Broccoli and celery but can i add onion??

I wake up very early so my first shake was at 6am, it was much less sweeter than i had imagined.  Maybe i added too much ice?

All is great and i am looking forward to seeing the results of this first three weeks.

Congrats to all those in the last week/s of Optifast, surgery is just around the corner!!

Orientation HRRH Oct 21,13 / Surgeon Nov 1,13 / SW,RD,RN, Internist Dec 3,13 / PATTS Jan 14,14 / Surgery Jan 20,14

dragongirl_76
on 12/30/13 12:25 am

no such thing as too much ice. the colder the better, IMHO.

i actually didn't mind the opti stage.

for my last meal i got a gourmet burger and fries but couldn't even eat it, i felt sick and like crying.

good luck to you!

Amarachi
on 12/30/13 4:22 am - Canada

yes i love my opti cold but i am soooo hungry!  I know this will not last long, and i can do this.

TammyS74
on 12/30/13 12:56 am - Canada

congratulations  won't be long now.  As for onion I had the same idea and was told no... sorry

Surgery Date: December 6 2013 Humber River Regional Hospital Dr. Sohi  

Amarachi
on 12/30/13 4:24 am - Canada

Thank you so much, i can't wait to get through these next three weeks.  My head feels foggy, almost like a hangover headache feeling and my belly is grumpy.  I know it will pass and i just keep filling it with water in between my shakes.  Too bad i can't have onion but i kind of figured that since it was not on the list.

Amarachi
on 12/30/13 4:26 am - Canada

Congratulations to you too on your recent surgery, i wish you a speedy recovery!!

Lana00
on 12/30/13 2:38 am

Best of luck!  As for veggies..I was told: cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cabbage, lettuce and spinach.  As I'm on Opti right now too, I wish you were right on the onion...lol.  

Amarachi
on 12/30/13 4:30 am - Canada

Best of luck to you too Lana00,  i don't have cauliflower or cabbage on my list but i love celery so that and broccoli will do for now.  I plan to go get some sugarfree jello and crystal light tonight.  I thought i wouldn't need them but i want to feel like i have options lol. 

G_mama_d
on 12/30/13 7:41 am - North Bay, Canada

You are so lucky, i was out of toronto western and was not allowed any veggies. You can do this. :)

RNY - Dec 18/2013

HW- 333 lbs. Approved for Surgery- 285.4 SW- 272.  GW-160-180

Amarachi
on 1/1/14 6:40 am - Canada

GMama, i feel very blessed to be able to have the veggies and broth, it gives some alternatives to mealtime.  So far thankfully i have been doing well, today is day 3 and it seems to be getting easier.

It is all in the mind anyway, and i told myself i can either whine my way through the next 3 weeks or suck it up. I am looking forward and not focusing on the present.  I CAN DO THIS !!

Thank you and Happy New Year

Orientation HRRH Oct 21,13 / Surgeon Nov 1,13 / SW,RD,RN, Internist Dec 3,13 / PATTS Jan 14,14 / Surgery Jan 20,14

Most Active