Dawn's inspired me to 'fess up. No judgment wanted or needed.

Monica M.
on 12/31/13 2:44 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Hey George(tte). We never stop learning from each other, sometimes we forget that the most important teachers are those who have gone before us.

Happy new Year!

Patm
on 12/31/13 1:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your post is great. You have tangible goals. I hope you can reach them. I know since i reached goal it has become a daily fight to stay on top of my eating. I have done all the psych work but realised for me it was ultimately my problem to sort out. I wish you the best in this

Monica M.
on 12/31/13 2:43 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thanks, Pat. I appreciate your support. This is my battle to fight, but i have so many people to help me along the way. I'm working hard at making my goals tangible, i know that's what works best.

Mon

Pamela.S.
on 12/31/13 2:09 am - Canada

Monica, thank you so much for baring your soul.  I'm sure it wasn't easy.  I'm at the beginning of my journey, and reading about other people's experiences is extremely helpful.  I haven't walked in your shoes, but you are talking about alot of my fears.  Fear that I will not deal with my root issues of food addiction.  Sometimes I see responses to posts that are very judgmental and think that maybe they are "tough love" responses when people just need to vent in an honest way.  Most of us are very good at hiding what we feel but cover it up with food!

I wish you all the best.  Don't forget to celebrate your successes! 

Pam

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

Monica M.
on 12/31/13 2:42 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Thanks, Pamela. I had huge fears, when i was at your stage, about making this "last ditch" effort to lose weight, and being unsuccessful at it. You do need to deal with those root issues, we're all pretty much smart enough to realize that, but not always brave (or hard working) enough to walk the walk.

We are all very good at hiding things. Thank you so much for your good wishes. I will celebrate my successes, for sure!!

Mon

Onward and
Downward

on 12/31/13 3:07 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I know I haven't been out of surgery for as long as most of you in this thread, but I'm struggling too, at only 14 months out.  No regain really, but I'm yoyoing within a 5 pound range (175-179 at the moment) and the eating issues are back with a vengeance.  It bothers me and I also worry that if it's happening now at only a year out, what is it going to be like at 2 or 3 years?  I really need to get a handle on this.

Thanks for posting, Monica and Dawn. I am also hoping to get serious about defeating this complacency that's been creeping in for the past couple of months.  I appreciate the window you're opening so that I can see what the challenges are going to be further on.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

kayakgirl
on 12/31/13 3:34 am - Canada

Thank you, Monica and Dawn! I'm only 5 weeks out and seem to be OK eating most things. I have cleared my house of "junk" but find that the Triscuits  and Special K with protein have become go-to snacks for me. Today as I did groceries I managed to avoid buying both. Your posts today reinforce the need for me to to be careful with "extras" like that. Thanks again!!!

Initial referral: March 21, 2013; Orientation: April 26, 2013 (OWMC); Nurse Practitioner: July 10, 2013; Nut/Beh: July 15, 2013; Pre-op Class: September 18, 2013; Internist: September 18, 2013; Surgeon: October 1, 2013; Surgery: November 25, 2013 (Dr. Yelle)

kellybelly333
on 12/31/13 4:01 am - Toronto, Canada

Great post Monica. I have been having issues myself the past six week, and i'm up 7 pounds. It's amazing just how much staying on plan....food and exercise wise, is so important. And it's good to let our newbie friends know just how hard it can be the further out we get. I can't believe it will be three years in March for us!! Wow!

I'll kick your butt, if you kick mine!

Kel

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Monica M.
on 1/1/14 2:00 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Consider your butt kicked, sister!!   

highlandbear
on 12/31/13 6:12 am - Canada

You can do it. I know you can Believe in yourself. No judgment from me we all have our demons that we fight with when it comes to food. 

Remember you are  still a runner. Just put those shoes on and go. I bet  you once you get out there and run you will feel so proud of yourself that you did it. I don't care how cold it is tomorrow I am putting my shoes on and going. Even it is only a 30 minute run. I figure it is the best way to start the year off.

Most Active